Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Not that I have any inside info (FYI - I tend to put info from Sash and J as fairly accurate) but this is kind of my thinking too. I would love to see Sampson be part of this class along with any of the three remaining targets. Dee, Dez, Jakarr would form one heck of a great trio and a 4th player would only strengthen an already terrific class.

If it turned out to be Reynolds, just picture this starting 4 when they're all seniors (assuming all 4 stay that long!):

PG - Davis
    SG - Wells
    SF - Sampson
    PF - Reynolds
    C - ??? (Hammons as a Jr.?)

Of course there's a chance we could have guys like DSR, Harris, etc. in the mix too. Mack & Co. have really dialed up the recruiting in a short time running the show.
    That is a dominating line up for the future, if Mack can reel them all in. Absolutely unreal.

On a side note - Xman what are you going to do now that K-Mart had the lips tattoo removed?
    Honey, I love how our sex is quick and effective. I'm quick.... and you're effective.

Quote Originally Posted by XUfaninJAX View Post
    On a side note - Xman what are you going to do now that K-Mart had the lips tattoo removed?
    Perhaps I'll see if I can have the tattoo put on one of my butt cheeks so K-Mart can kiss my ass. (FYI - I just edited the signature to make it more current!)
    Last edited by Xman95; 07-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    PG - Davis
    SG - Wells
    SF - Sampson
    PF - Reynolds
    C - ??? (Hammons as a Jr.?)
    So for the 2011-2012 season:

PG Holloway, Davis
    SG Lyons Redford Canty
    SF Martin Sampson Wells
    PF Robinson McKenzie Reynolds
    C Frease Latham

As it stands now a little weak in the frontcourt but as talented and diverse a backcourt as there is in college hoops.

Found some recent video of him at the Great Lakes Classic from a couple months ago. Dude has some long, long arms! Looks like he's a force down low but shows some range too. Had some great blocks throughout the video and had a sick put back dunk at the 4:06 mark. Can't really gauge how well he does off the dribble from this but man he looked dominant on the glass. Given how late this kid's recruiting started picking up because of his transfer this looks like it could be a huge steal for Mack and Co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56to6EtS0M8 - #12 in white.
    Last edited by OSUMuskie; 07-22-2010 at 12:39 PM.

His interest on Rivals.com is now HIGH with Xavier
    Live Action

I would definitely be happy with a Jalen Reynolds commitment. I think when Rivals updates their Top 150, he will be in it, with a chance at the Top 100 and 4 stars. He has recently picked up offers from Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Providence, and USC.

His arms look really long like Derrick Brown. He has a nice outside shot, is a good rebounder, and pretty athletic.

Like Sampson we have been onto Reynold since before anyone else with a high profile took notice.

I wonder if we don't go after kids too early. To use poker terminology we show our hand too early, albeit it is a good one. Sometimes we win but other times the high rollers of college hoops flash a better one. They say, "Xavier has a great arena and fan support and schedule, but we have a brand new downtown arena and a national TV contract and big conference exposure" and sweep a player off his feet.

Maybe X would benefit from being a late-comer to a player and using the one-upping strategy that others are using on us.

Mack knows what he's doing thank God.

I just think when the coaches have been recruiting a kid for so long they are able to form a tight relationship and trust just builds. That is HUGE in recruiting when a kid and his family or people close to him trust the coaches recruiting him. If Mack were to try to get in on kids later, he wouldn't have time to build those relationships and I don't think we would do as well recruiting as a whole.

Some kids get swept off their feet, but the majority of them don't and being there as long or longer than any other school can only help. The proof is with JMart, Latham, Davis, Wells, etc.

Gotta be there early.......and often.

It impresses a kid - and the parents too- when the coaches show up at almost every event. It indicates that they really care and that the kid is more than a commodity.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    To me, the type of kid who is impressed by glamour, or thinks the grass is greener somewhere else is better off there. That's why I think XU is in good shape when they can afford to give ultimatums. If they tell a player they’re ready to move on and they don’t want to commit, they don't belong.

XU wins kids over because of qualities like family and academics. Those features are important for kids and their parents recognize early, and are reasons why we're competing for players like Gary Harris and DSR. If it means we don't land a Jakaar Sampson, and end up with Jalen Reynolds, then I believe that's what’s best.

I can’t think of many players I would have rather had, or wish I didn’t have wearing a Xavier uniform for the past several seasons.