Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

He's buddies with John Wall

He's pals with John Wall, but UNC and Duke don't seem to be avoiding him like they did Wall.

From Louisville Courier-JOurnal

"A strong, slashing athlete who has been likened to Wall, Purvis said he has 11 or 12 offers and mentioned UofL, UK, Xavier, Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and North Carolina. He said the Cardinals, Wildcats and Tar Heels haven't made scholarship offers yet."

That's nice company to be considered in. I think he could be the Derrick Rose (without the grades debacle) on our Memphis Tiger-type squad. Take the team places and you can get drafted #1, even at a "mid major"

Junior
    People tend to overhype, but if he's as good as John Wall, there's a good chance he'll end up at Kentucky. (Assuming Cal hasn't fled the remains of another tarnished program at that point).

With a track record like Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and John Wall, why wouldn't you go play for Coach Point Guard?

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    People tend to overhype, but if he's as good as John Wall, there's a good chance he'll end up at Kentucky. (Assuming Cal hasn't fled the remains of another tarnished program at that point).

With a track record like Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and John Wall, why wouldn't you go play for Coach Point Guard................
    ...................and only have to go to basket weaving classes for one semester, then just stop going entirely?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post

With a track record like Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and John Wall, why wouldn't you go play for Coach Point Guard?
    Not sure Calipari gets any credit for these guys (other than recruiting them). He was their coach for about six months each. And Evans wasn't a particularly good college player.

Purvis will be at Duke's midnight Madness in October according to his twitter
    Live Action

Rodney purvis

Tweet from Rodney purvis...
    "Xavier was the first school here to see me during this period at 8:02 this morning greeting me as I walked in this moring.#means-alot"

He went on to say xavier was the only school there. Our coaches don't sleep

Rodney Purvis Interview

He will be coming to X on October 9th. Just getting a visit from this guy is great for X.

http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/201...vis-interview/
    - Bob Sacamano

for what it's worth, last night TheRecruitScoop tweeted the list of schools purvis was down to and listed maybe 10-12 schools, of which xavier was not one.

obviously that would conflict with the info regarding his visit to X on Oct. 9, so i'm not sure what it means. needless to say, i was not too thrilled to see X omitted from this list.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    rpurvis_44 No order !! Top 15 . Unc Duke G-Tech Kentucky VCU Baylor Xavier Texas Miami Louisville Wake Forest V-Tech Marquette Memphis Oklahoma
    interesting
    - Bob Sacamano