Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Rodney Purvis (Commit Other)

Point guard
    High School: Raleigh (NC) Upper Room Christian Academy
    AAU: Chris Paul All-Stars

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 185 lbs

Ranked: 5th in Class of 2013 by ESPN.com with a grade of 98

Offers: Xavier, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, VCU, NC Central

Primary Xavier recruiter: Pat Kelsey

Teammate of current XU Verbal Commit Dezmine Wells
    Last edited by waggy; 11-14-2010 at 01:33 PM.

A couple comments concerning Purvis by Scout.com's Dave Telep

"Chris Mack got watch his guy Dez Wells and Wells’ good friend Rodney Purvis because they were on the same team"

"Dezmine Wells is important to Xavier on a number of fronts. He’s a proven beast off the dribble and strong handler. He’s also a great teammate, the kind of guy who will make it his business to lock down recruits that are on campus. …"

Purvis + Wells = Final Four

Rodney Purvis update

Rodney Purvis is talking about his recruiting, including his offer from Xavier, but he also mentions that he will be visiting UNC and Duke. No word yet on whether either of those schools have offered:

http://www.basketballelite.com/index...ll-recruiting/

Quote Originally Posted by silverbax View Post
    Rodney Purvis is talking about his recruiting, including his offer from Xavier, but he also mentions that he will be visiting UNC and Duke. No word yet on whether either of those schools have offered:

http://www.basketballelite.com/index...ll-recruiting/
    They will at some point. He's got freakish athleticism for his age. Once he develops a consistent jumper, he will be a top player in the class. When its all said and done, I will venture to guess he will have offers from everyone.

Can't hurt having his "Big brother" come to Xavier next year
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 07-28-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Live Action

Link doesn't work for me. Can anyone cut and paste?

BTW, I don't think X has any shot at this kid. Time will tell but he is definitely a TOP5 prospect and even though he's good friends with Dez I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by A10fan View Post
    Link doesn't work for me. Can anyone cut and paste?

BTW, I don't think X has any shot at this kid. Time will tell but he is definitely a TOP5 prospect and even though he's good friends with Dez I just don't see it happening.
    I think it will be a long while before he commits. If X can really make a good impression this year (great season, strenghten relationships with coaches/Purvis) it will go along way, especially when considering how tight he apparently is with Dez.

Xavier has a chance to elevate its national presence this coming season. If it does, the Muskies will be legit contenders for more of these upper-echelon recruits.

Never say never.

I bet when he commits to Xavier he drops 50 spots in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Never say never.

Just talking to X is going to keep him out of the Top 25. Well, until he plays for X...then he's guaranteed to be in the Top 16 at the end of the year!

If a sweet 16 run is far enough to get him then X has a good shot but if a deeper run is required then it will be a stretch. It might also help if Crawford and Brown get minutes in the NBA this year.

You have to wonder if Wells could end up being a liability in recruiting this guy if they end up both playing SG. If Wells is definitely SF and Purvis SG then this becomes more possible. X should have a very capable point in Davis and the PF spot should be strong with plenty of depth at all these positions. The only questionable area is C in that we will not have a dominant post presence there. There should be some quality finesse and/or athletic big men on the team so even if the coaches can't snag a true center the team should have a shot at the deepest run yet and with Purvis, assuming he continues to develop, a shot at the championship. X looks strong for many years to come based on recruits. Lets hope Mack can get the most out of them and help them develop for a career in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Never say never.

I know you are just kidding, but I would be willing to take that bet. First of all, players don't lose ranking by where they choose to go to school and second of all, Xavier is now being talked about in the same breath as Memphis. Top 25 players did and still do go to Memphis. They will come here too.

xu95