Devin Davis Jr.- 2013 F (Commit IU)

Warren Central's Devin Davis Jr. (2013) picked up offer from Xavier today on unofficial visit.

http://twitter.com/star_recruits

Devin Davis, Jr.?!? That makes me feel really, really old.

Per Twitter:

@star_recruits: Warren Central's Devin Davis Jr. (2013) picked up offer from Xavier today on unofficial visit

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Devin Davis, Jr.?!? That makes me feel really, really old.
    no relation to the Devin Davis that played at Miami.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...st-star-7.html

"Warren Central sophomore-to-be Devin Davis Jr. is writing a weekly blog for us this summer here at Recruiting Central. He checks in every Wednesday and had an especially busy day today both writing the blog and taking a visit to another school. Devin has already picked up offers from Indiana and Purdue this spring. I'm going to include links to his previous blogs at the bottom of this entry in case you want to check out his previous work. Here's Devin's entry for this week:

To start my blog this week I would just like to say how thankful and how great it has been to have the opportunity to write this blog. It has been very pleasant for me to be able to write these every week.

Well this weekend I attended the Indiana University basketball camp. Much like the Tennessee camp, there were a lot of bigger, faster, and more athletic players than myself. There were a lot of things to learn from this camp. It helped you get better physically and mentally. The IU coaches at the camp wanted you to do your best and more. During the camp, they encouraged me and everyone else to try and be the best they could be every day, in the gym and in the classroom. They also taught us a lot about the game of basketball. Coach (Tom) Crean and his coaching staff try to make you better at every chance and they don't waste any time. I am looking forward to going back to IU for another visit.

Today I went on an unofficial visit to Xavier University. When we first arrived I was given a flyer with my information and picture on it. It also told about what I could contribute to their team. It was very cool to see all the things they knew about me. During the tour of the campus, we saw the new library, the Cintas Arena, the locker rooms, the weight room, the freshman dorms and the student center. The Xavier Musketeers have lots of developmental workouts with their players. The thing I liked the best is that the basketball players' dorms are right next to the arena. I especially liked assistant coach Travis Steele; I think he is a great person.

When my family and I went to head coach (Chris) Mack's office, he told me to stay focused and continue to work hard and not to get caught up in the recruiting process. My dad and I were impressed with the fact that they had 79 basketball players graduate in a row. The best news was that Xavier offered me a scholarship. I look forward to going back to Xavier for another visit.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I look forward to next week's blog"
    Live Action

Committed to IU

@insidethehall New on ITH: Devin Davis Jr. and Collin Hartman commit to IU http://bit.ly/a5LRgH #iubb

@KyleNeddenriep: Warren Central's Devin Davis Jr. '13 just committed to Indiana while on an unofficial visit.

@DaveTelep: Indiana received two more commitments. 2013 forwards Collin Hartman and Devin Davis visited and pledged to Hoosiers. IU locked down border