Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Xavier will never, never, never ever be a member of a conference, any conference which has UC as one of its members. Won't happen. Speculative talk is just plain silly, because UC will never permit it as witness the Great Midwest.:D
    I agree with this as well. Now if UC and UofL head out of the BE with the departure of ND, Syracuse and Rutgers and the ACC filling a void of its loss of Maryland to the Big10 as well, I could see a scenario that the BE would look to stay in Cincy with XU. BUT that is only if UC has fled the BE (which could be picked apart footbal wise) and moves to the ACC, the B12 leftovers, etc. Under this scenario I would vote to head to the basketball focused BE with G-town, St Johns, Villanova, etc.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bourbonman View Post
    I agree with this as well. Now if UC and UofL head out of the BE with the departure of ND, Syracuse and Rutgers and the ACC filling a void of its loss of Maryland to the Big10 as well, I could see a scenario that the BE would look to stay in Cincy with XU. BUT that is only if UC has fled the BE (which could be picked apart footbal wise) and moves to the ACC, the B12 leftovers, etc. Under this scenario I would vote to head to the basketball focused BE with G-town, St Johns, Villanova, etc.
    Kansas may be without a conference. Let's drop St. Louis and add Kansas!!!

Is it time to bring back football?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by _LH View Post
    if offered, should XU take it or stay in the A10?
    ???????????

Is this a real question? Anyone is their right mind who picks the A-10 over the Big East should be committed.

Should they take it? Should they take it? Really?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    ???????????

Is this a real question? Anyone is their right mind who picks the A-10 over the Big East should be committed.

Should they take it? Should they take it? Really?
    Not the Big East as it stands today. I think an A10 that XU dominates is better for them than a 16 team BE conference with the likes of WVU and S. Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Xavier will never, never, never ever be a member of a conference, any conference which has UC as one of its members. Won't happen. Speculative talk is just plain silly, because UC will never permit it as witness the Great Midwest.:D
    Yep.

All-Conference
    Not the Big East as it stands today. I think an A10 that XU dominates is better for them than a 16 team BE conference with the likes of WVU and S. Florida.
    Think of what the Big East could do for a program like Xavier. With the emphasis strictly on hoops at XU, the increased revenue and recognition could catapult this program similar to what happened at Duke.

Might it take 5-10 years...perhaps...but the sky would be the limit with the administration's focus on basketball, an AD that is top notch, and coaching staff that is hungry and already gets ACC, Big Ten, SEC caliber recruits.

We'd be watching a perennial Top 10 team in the Cintas eventually.

Think of what the Big East could do for a program like Xavier. With the emphasis strictly on hoops at XU, the increased revenue and recognition could catapult this program similar to what happened at Duke.

Might it take 5-10 years...perhaps...but the sky would be the limit with the administration's focus on basketball, an AD that is top notch, and coaching staff that is hungry and already gets ACC, Big Ten, SEC caliber recruits.

Assuming of course that the Big East still has the same stature after realignment.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore

I'm sure Seton Hall thinks that too.

Sophomore
    I'm sure Seton Hall thinks that too.
    Seton Hall does not have the same level of commitment as Xavier. Neither does USF, Cincinnati, Depaul, Rutgers, etc etc etc.