Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Demetrius Jackson 2013

Man, Xavier is really getting it done. They already have their eyes set on a 2013 guard from Indy. Here is the important part of the article from Indystar.com.

"Mike Brey knows. The Notre Dame coach has been recruiting Demetrius Jackson since the start of his freshman year at Mishawaka Marian High School. Jackson, a 6-1 point guard, started all but the first two games of his freshman season and averaged 14.2 points and eight rebounds for the Class 3A program.
    "Notre Dame got to know me really quick," said Jackson, who is originally from South Bend but moved to Mishawaka before high school. "They've been to a lot of my games."
    Jackson said Xavier is the other school that has shown interest early in his recruitment and he intends to attend Xavier's elite camp next month. He does not yet have a scholarship offer."
    "And I’m going to get Xavier to the Final Four. Make sure you write that down.”
    Jalen Reynolds

All-Conference
    How do these "Elite Camps" work? Do they just bring in a bunch of recruits on their radar and work them out? How long is it? Who pays for it? I would imagine X picks up the bill but they are only allowed to do this once a year?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    How do these "Elite Camps" work? Do they just bring in a bunch of recruits on their radar and work them out? How long is it? Who pays for it? I would imagine X picks up the bill but they are only allowed to do this once a year?

Xavier extends invites to kids they would like to have attend the camp. Xavier can not pay for the kids to attend (no cost to attend) yet I am almost sure they (attendees) stay in the dorms and the parents pay a fee for this and the meals. The camp is usually a Friday evening, all day Saturday and half day Sunday.

In the past, this and team camp have had some very nice talent attend.

Heading to X today according to twitter
    Live Action

He apparently liked his visit per this tweet:

D_Jay24 Demetrius Jackson
    Wow! Xavier is beautiful. I really liked it! Very impressed

He later tweeted a pic:

D_Jay24 Demetrius Jackson
    Xavier! http://t.co/sk67ZRs
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

@Jake_Brown
    Late to this since I'm catching up from being away all weekend, but 2013 4-star PG @D_Jay24 picked up his first offer from #Xavier today.

he'd be a great pick up, but im from the area and word is he will be very tough to pluck from Brey and the Irish
    One Team, ON DEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by xtremefan13 View Post
    he'd be a great pick up, but im from the area and word is he will be very tough to pluck from Brey and the Irish
    Rick Broering at Musketeerscoop agrees with this sentiment, sadly.

Sophomore
    09:

Rick has never said anything like that.....We all know Brey and ND will offer but they havent yet and Demetrius is still open and has a great interest in X. However, Rick has never said that he is going to ND or that ND is the leader. At this point, he has no leader. At least to the public....

I, too, am from the South Bend-Mishawaka area, and I just don't see someone from that area turning down ND. Besides do we take another pg?