Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Desmond Hubert

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Sash, what are your thoughts on the chances of landing Anthony Davis?
    I would say at best 5% maybe. The kid is being looked at by Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC, etc. He was an unknown who blew up. He is supposed to be making an unofficial but who knows if that will ever even happen. Would be the longest of long shots right now I think. That could change but I doubt it.....If he ever steps foot on campus then that shows that he is truly interested I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sash19 View Post
    Ben:

There is no chance of Xavier landing Desmond. Would be nice but not gonna happen. It will be someone from the list of Jakarr Sampson, Dorian Finney-Smith, Greg Lewis or Robert Goff. At best, 2 from this group would be my guess.
    Finney-Smith will most likely be heading to Virginia Tech. And Greg Lewis will be scratched off of this list as well if Maryland hires Bino. If not Lewis might very well end up a Musketeer.

What about Bino going to Maryland? Have not seen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rickf View Post
    What about Bino going to Maryland? Have not seen anything.
    He interviewed and is one of the final 2 candidates for the job along with Chris Caputo.

Here's a link with some interesting recruiting info too:

Bino

"I like Caputo; he's hard-working with good connections in both the DMV and NYC (he played grew up and played HS ball in the Big Apple). The questionable part is that he's at a mid-major, and there's definitely a different talent level and personality in the recruits targeted at both levels. Would that translate? I can't say for sure, but if Caputo's reputation is anything to go by, he'll try his damnedest. Even if it doesn't, it'd be tough to imagine a better young recruiting combo than Caputo and Ehsan; both are hard-working, and Caputo has NY connections while Ehsan does well on the west coast.

Like I said above, though, I'm sure others have interviewed, including Bino Ranson (still my favorite), who has major connections to the area and is widely considered an up-and-comer. For what it's worth, he's Xavier's head recruiter for Desmond Hubert, Mikael Hopkins, and Dorian Finney-Smith, all current Maryland targets. It's probably more likely, though, that the guy that ends up at Maryland isn't listed here; there are just too many potential candidates.
    "
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Wow the Bino news is news to me.

As with Kelsey, J Craw and anyone else in their careers I hope he does what is best for HIM.

Sophomore
    There's no doubt about it, the staff at X is scary good in terms of coaching and recruiting relationships. It reflects very well on the program when our coaches are mentioned for other positions; just as it is when X players get drafted. Bino had no previous ties to X before he came here, so I feel that he will probably be the first to leave. It's the first time I've heard this news as well.

Word is that Caputo may lead but that Juan Dixon is pushing hard for Bino. Decision will be made within the next two weeks and possibly as early as the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
    Word is that Caputo may lead but that Juan Dixon is pushing hard for Bino.
    Juan Dixon and Bino are childhood friends (at least I think that's the case).