Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Read the comments on the article. Allegedly, London Warren was caught in his NYC hotel room with a prostitute during their NIT trip?!?!

I wonder if he asked her to dress like Spiderman.
    Someone must not have liked that because comments have been turned off for that article.

From the article: "Berry, 18, who has been living on his own in an apartment for several months, said he tried to break up a fight between his girlfriend and ex-girlfriend at his residence."

My first thought is it was a very stupid idea on someone's part to set this kid up in his own apartment. Doesn't sound like he's mature enough to handle it, what with the petty theft and girl fights.

Second, someone needs to keep him away from girls for a while. Easier said than done, I know, but it sounds like the quality of female he's attracted to is not very high.

This kid is going to be a major problem for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    This kid is going to be a major problem for the team.
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's waaaay speculative right now.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I have to say, I agree with DC that we shouldn't be so quick to judge. It's not like other programs that hate us can't point to certain things we wouldn't be proud of concerning some of our recent players and recruits. We run a clean program and make the right decisions in handling adversity, but no program is immune to having some issues. This obviously seems to be a player that ud needs to keep an eye on, but let's not stoop to their joke fans' level. dayton is a pretty clean program for the most part, and I have no problem giving them credit in that regard because they suck otherwise, will always be below us, and have little in terms of the actual "playing-basketball" thing to hang their hats on. We can speculate on this kid's character and behavior without the facts all we want, but at the end of the day, until we hear otherwise, he's just another kid who signed up to be owned by Xavier over the next four years.
    Last edited by PMI; 04-14-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I have to say, I agree with DC that we shouldn't be so quick to judge. It's not like other programs that hate us can't point to certain things we wouldn't be proud of concerning some of our recent players and recruits. We run a clean program and make the right decisions in handling adversity, but no program is immune to having some issues. This obviously seems to be a player that ud needs to keep an eye on, but let's not stoop to their joke fans' level. dayton is a pretty clean program for the most part, and I have no problem giving them credit in that regard because they suck otherwise, will always be below us, and have little in terms of the actual "playing-basketball" thing to hang their hats on. We can speculate on this kid's character and behavior without the facts all we want, but at the end of the day, until we hear otherwise, he's just another kid who signed up to be owned by Xavier over the next four years.
    I agree with you and DC.

But I don't think most in this thread are automatically labeling the kid as a problem for the Dayton program, but more alluding to the hypocrisy. At least, that's what I was doing.

Compared to most other programs, Xavier and Dayton run pretty tight ships, with legal issues coming few and far between. And when these issues do arise, it's usually minor stuff.

I just think it's funny when -- as DC mentioned -- Flyer fans label Xavier players as punks for not shaking hands, or make it a point to chant "cell phone" in unison when Crawford was at the line when really their problems regarding "class" or "character" seem to be just as bad.

I agree with you and DC.

But I don't think most in this thread are automatically labeling the kid as a problem for the Dayton program, but more alluding to the hypocrisy. At least, that's what I was doing.

Compared to most other programs, Xavier and Dayton run pretty tight ships, with legal issues coming few and far between. And when these issues do arise, it's usually minor stuff.

I just think it's funny when -- as DC mentioned -- Flyer fans label Xavier players as punks for not shaking hands, or make it a point to chant "cell phone" in unison when Crawford was at the line when really their problems regarding "class" or "character" seem to be just as bad.
    Exactly. The UDPride crowd believe that UD is the cleanest, classiest thing going, whereas Xavier takes the dirty path to achieve its success.

Dog food anyone?
    X A V I E R

I agree with you and DC.

I do agree with you on the hypocrisy. But I will say that in the past we've been very critical about the off-court actions of UC players only to have our own guys get in trouble for similar things. Of course, XU off-court issues are to light afternoon sprinkles what UC off-court issues are to El Nino, but I can see how they could react to hearing about a Xavier player getting in trouble after all the shit they take from us.

But ud has to reach for it, like they do everything else. Crying about shaking hands is as dayton as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's waaaay speculative right now.
    Probably, but I stand by my assertion that this kid is going to be trouble. I don't mean he's necessarily going to be legal trouble, just that it looks like he's going to be a handful and is capable of being a behind the scenes distraction to his teammates if he attracts this type of crap. Probably more along the lines of Dedrick Finn Pug stealing not Donald Little roommate torturing, but trouble none-the-less.

Or am I off base here? Do guys regularly have girlfriends and ex-girlfriends fighting at their home to the extent someone has to call the police? It sure doesn't happen in my world.

For the record, I think Brian Gregory might agree with me:
    'UD coach Brian Gregory didn’t return a phone message seeking comment. Berry said he has been in contact with his future coach.

“He said I can kiss my summer goodbye,” Berry said. “He said as soon as I graduate, I have to come down there even if I have to come on a Greyhound.”'

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Exactly. The UDPride crowd believe that UD is the cleanest, classiest thing going, whereas Xavier takes the dirty path to achieve its success.
    Remember when they wanted the A-10 to cancel the Xavier game at the Cintas Center because BJ Raymond made scary faces and some UDPrider claimed an XU fan screamed in both of his wife's ears -- at once?

from the article...

Berry, 18, who has been living on his own in an apartment for several months, said he tried to break up a fight between his girlfriend and ex-girlfriend at his residence.

He said the ex-girlfriend “got beat up pretty bad. She got really mad. That’s what happened. After I broke it up, she had a scar all over. (The police) told me they had to arrest me because of the scar. Everybody’s story was, ‘Jesse didn’t touch her, Jesse just broke it up.’ But we both got arrested.”
    my legal questions are who called the cops?? and why were both he and his ex-girlfriend arrested??

this appears to fall under the category of misdemeanor assult, which basically means that in order for charges to be filed the victim must file a complaint. if he was the one breaking up the fight and not fighting, then why was he arrested and not the other person??

my gut feeling is that over time the charges will be dropped. a lot of the times the "victim" will simply change their minds and/or stories and decide they don't want to go forward. if they don't, he doesn't even have to prove that he didn't do it. he just has to stop the "victim" from proving that he did. if "everybody's" story is "jesse didn't touch her, jesse just broke it up" then that alone should be enough to get it dropped or reduced to practically nothing.

then again, i wasn't there. that's just my gut feeling based on what little i know, and what little i know is exactly what everyone else knows.

that's the legal side. now on to the practical side. i have one question i would like to ask this kid if i'm his coach and/or advisor...

son, WHAT IN THE HELL was your ex-girlfriend doing at your house at the same time as your current girlfriend?? what was going on inside your head?? what sequence of events could have possibly lead to both of them being at the same place at the same time, IN YOUR HOUSE of all places??

the sooner he learns that no possible good can come from that, the better off he'll be. he may be stupid when it comes to managing his personal life, but that isn't necessarily against the law. it doesn't necessarily mean he should have his scholarship withdrawn either.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    son, WHAT IN THE HELL was your ex-girlfriend doing at your house at the same time as your current girlfriend?? what was going on inside your head?? what sequence of events could have possibly lead to both of them being at the same place at the same time, IN YOUR HOUSE of all places??
    "What would you do if you had a million dollars?"

"Two chicks at the same time."