Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Xavier is more than being about basketball wins. It's about ethics, integrity and doing right things. I also happen to believe that how we do things is a recruiting draw to players and their families. If X ever changed, then we are nothing more than just another place in the college basketball morrass.
    I have no doubt that XU's strict academic requirements has been appealing to recruits...well, maybe a recruit's parents more than the recruit himself.

Quote Originally Posted by LutherRackleyRulez View Post

Per ESPN......

ESPN Terrific 25 ---- Class of 2012....

***XU Target: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera @ #24........

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recrui...0?&season=2012

Pulling in DSR may be too much for my old brain to comprehend.
    It may explode.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD86 View Post
    He was not allegedly paid as a pro, if I am not mistaken. What he did was play semi pro with a player that was paid. This used to mean every player who played with that pro (in this case it would be Kanter, last year I believe this meant Ellis and that kid from West Virginia, also Adam H.) but that rule is changed effective next year. Now, players are only judged on their amateur status by whether or not they were paid, not whether or not someone in a game they played were paid.

Kanter is, by all accounts I have read (including before he committed to UK) perfectly clean and just lucky that he starts in the first class that is no longer affected by that awful, awful rule.

Edit: However, Calipari still sucks....
    Doug Gottlieb had this comment about Kanter:

"If -- and it's a big if -- Enes Kanter plays next year for Kentucky, Big Blue might forget the name DeMarcus Cousins. Kanter, who most people I talk to consider the best prep talent in the country, probably will sit an extended amount of time because of eligibility issues from his days playing in Turkey. But if he can get in 10-15 games next season, his basketball IQ and on-court talent will amaze."

That was posted two days ago. I dont think that dude is in the clear yet.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Doug Gottlieb had this comment about Kanter:

"If -- and it's a big if -- Enes Kanter plays next year for Kentucky, Big Blue might forget the name DeMarcus Cousins. Kanter, who most people I talk to consider the best prep talent in the country, probably will sit an extended amount of time because of eligibility issues from his days playing in Turkey. But if he can get in 10-15 games next season, his basketball IQ and on-court talent will amaze."

That was posted two days ago. I dont think that dude is in the clear yet.
    Fair enough. I haven't seen anything that explicitly has allegations about him taking money. However, guys like Gottlieb usually know a lot better than I do so I guess it will be interesting to see how it ends up. I hope for the kids sake things work out. I hope for Cal's sake they don't.

Kanter confirmed today that he has been cleared academically. I think the emphasis should be on the "academically" part.