Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LutherRackleyRulez View Post
    Thanks. Reps to you.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Oh yeah, Enes Kanter...the kid who has already been paid as a pro (allegedly). Shocking that Calipari winds up with him, huh?
    He was not allegedly paid as a pro, if I am not mistaken. What he did was play semi pro with a player that was paid. This used to mean every player who played with that pro (in this case it would be Kanter, last year I believe this meant Ellis and that kid from West Virginia, also Adam H.) but that rule is changed effective next year. Now, players are only judged on their amateur status by whether or not they were paid, not whether or not someone in a game they played were paid.

Kanter is, by all accounts I have read (including before he committed to UK) perfectly clean and just lucky that he starts in the first class that is no longer affected by that awful, awful rule.

Edit: However, Calipari still sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD86 View Post
    He was not allegedly paid as a pro, if I am not mistaken. What he did was play semi pro with a player that was paid. This used to mean every player who played with that pro (in this case it would be Kanter, last year I believe this meant Ellis and that kid from West Virginia, also Adam H.) but that rule is changed effective next year. Now, players are only judged on their amateur status by whether or not they were paid, not whether or not someone in a game they played were paid.

Kanter is, by all accounts I have read (including before he committed to UK) perfectly clean and just lucky that he starts in the first class that is no longer affected by that awful, awful rule.

Huggs lost a guy for 20 games this season for that rule. If the rule hurts Huggs and Calipari I am all for it.

The original issue was definitely that he played with the pro player(s). But it seems there might be more to the story, including the possibility that he was actually paid. l have to see if I can find what I saw regarding Kanter and the $$$. I want to say B.Snow put it out there, but I'm not positive (it was one of the college b-ball guys).

Not to mention the #11 SF Dez Wells, see these comments - haha

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2011

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Huggs lost a guy for 20 games this season for that rule. If the rule hurts Huggs and Calipari I am all for it.
    Ha, while I agree, it was a bad rule. It punished plenty of kids who did not deserve it just because they played in a game with a player who was paid. I for one am very happy it has been changed (not that it in any way directly affects me or Xavier, I just think the new rule is much better).

The original issue was definitely that he played with the pro player(s). But it seems there might be more to the story, including the possibility that he was actually paid. l have to see if I can find what I saw regarding Kanter and the $$$. I want to say B.Snow put it out there, but I'm not positive (it was one of the college b-ball guys).
    Wow, did not know this. If this is true that would be killer to UK next year. Everything I have heard/read/seen makes me think Kanter will be a big time player next year. If you do find that quote/link please share it. I was really hoping he would go anywhere but UK, but I am excited to watch the kid play.

By the way, I LOVE that it is prime recruiting season!

Oh yeah, Enes Kanter...the kid who has already been paid as a pro (allegedly). Shocking that Calipari winds up with him, huh?
    Did Kentucky offer higher pay, better benifits, or a high 401K match?
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Not to mention the #11 SF Dez Wells, see these comments - haha

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2011
    Did Wells just grow 2 inches? Everything I've read up til now listed him at 6'3".
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

A real Tweet from Calipari:

Long weekend recruiting and the signing period approaches. Time to add some players to the 2010-11 roster.

Is this guy serious? What is this MLB free agency? You create and develop a program by recruiting and DEVELOPING players.

Calipari coaching is an INSULT to the integrity and the spirit of college basketball.

F him.

I certainly don't like Kentucky, but some of the unbridled hate here and elsewhere on the Internet puzzles me.

The amount of talent Calipari is able to load onto one team and manage is admirable, in my opinion, and while the guy is definitely shady, winning is winning, and that's what the fans want.