Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm sure Huggins bought him a drink after the game too to dwell in misery.

There, had to insult Huggins after this love fest of a thread. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. I bet he was kneeling over him threatening his life for not being able to continue playing.

I watched the whole thing.

I watched him afterwards when the game was about over and he was hugging his players coming out of the game for the last time.

I watched him and Coach K embrace - call it what you want - at games end.

In short, specifically with respect to him consoling Butler, I thought it was an absolute, sincere class move.

You have to look at this from the other side of sinister (i.e. hey, I'll receive some good recruiting graces by doing this). The man got down on the floor to console his star player who was in agony. He got down there and held him like he was his son. He did that in front of thousands of people and millions more viewing from their television sets.

In my mind, it was him and his player with all else blocked out.

Am I a huge fan of Bob Huggins? Hardly. Can people change? Yep. Has he changed for the better? I couldn't possibly answer that; I'm not around him nor do I know him to be in any kind of position to opine on that. Nonetheless, I believe I witnessed a sincere and compassionate action on his part last night.
    X A V I E R

I'm sure that Hitler had a touching moment with Hermann Goering too- and I'm sure that it was sincere.

(Again, please do not take this as any disresepct to Da'Shawn Butler)
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 04-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

There's nothing like a Hitler analogy to demonstrate that one has lost all sense of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    There's nothing like a Hitler analogy to demonstrate that one has lost all sense of reason.
    I'd rather have Hitler as a roommate than ever give Bob Huggins credit for something.

.....Just in time for the offseason when, even if lost, it could be found. :p
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I hate to say it too, but my opinion of Hugs TOTALLY changed last night. You could tell that Hugs was hurting almost as much Butler, and that it had nothing to do with the game itself.

I guess this proves, on this Easter morning, that these coaches and players are all human, and that what we paint with our broad strokes is often far from the truth.
    Maybe some of us have personal experiences with the man that would say otherwise. And it's not the "he snubbed me when asking for an autograph" type of thing.

Yeah, it was nice to see that he showed compassion for an injured player of his. But one act of compassion for a player does not erase the trail of crap this man has left in his wake for the past 25 years. And I don't think the numerous specific examples of this man's behavior is painting him with broad strokes.

This is an outrage. I understand the emotion in this when a player pours his heart out all season, and you see a coach return that emotion with a stroke of the cheek and hug on the court in front of millions.

That said, this is not an upstanding citizen of our country. I love to hate this guy because it's easy, aside from last night's show. Proof... Google "Bob Huggins" and let the autofill start, and you will see the following most common searches: "Bob Huggins graduation rate; Bob Huggins DUI Video; Bob Huggins Quotes; Bob Huggins Death Threat; Bob Huggins black eye"...... to name a few.

Lets not get carried away here. This is still the same guy we have known for years who just happens to emote when a guy who he didn't recruit continues to make him millions.

Looking for signs that people have "lost all sense of reason"????

Seriously? Look at who posts on this board! Clearly, we're all deranged! But damn, it's fun to be deranged! :D:D:D

With that said, Bob Huggins sucks. That is all.

^^^Winner!
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)