Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Sampson continues to say Xavier leads with Dayton, UC, and Louisville in the chase pack. I think Xavier is in enviable position, but we have another offer out there to Dorian Finney-Smith who is just as talented and would be as good or better than Sampson. The Xavier staff has Sampson as their #1 priority, so I would say that being the leader for your #1 target is a good thing. Finney-Smith is priority 1A, but it would be a major coup to pull him out of Virginia with all those ACC and SEC schools in the area.

I think if you see Xavier starting to offer Tommie McCune, Eric Katenda, or Darnell Harris we are probably moving onto plan B. Most of the plan B options are still top 150 players however, but the Jakarr and Dorian are high major contributors.
    Let's not forget that one of our incoming freshman (Probably McKenzie) will redshirt, technically making the Class of 2011 three players so there is no real pressure on the coaching staff to get any player they don't really want just to fill out the class.

Sophomore
    SixFig, I agree. The coaching staff is not going to take a warm body; they are going to fight to the bitter end for priority #1 and #1a, and at the end of the day there might be someone that we don't know about that could blow-up on the AAU scene and move up the list ala McKenzie.

I agree that looking at the numbers it would make sense to redshirt Griffen, and then take another forward in the 2011 class. Also I would not be suprised to see some movement once the new 2010 class hits campus. Guys who might be hunting for minutes could be Walsh, Redford, and Robinson. I hope they work their butts off this offseason and make their mark on the program, but the talent we have already, and the 2010 class could push someone out the door.

If someone does leave it would open another ship for 2011 for a guy like Greg Lewis or Goff. Also Xavier could decide to hold for a potential tranfer or take as many ships as possible in a loaded 2012 class. It should be an interesting couple of months. I think we will start hearing some news in mid to late August.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Dorian is visiting Xavier this weekend (June 4-5)

This scholly, in my opinion, is Dorian's to take if he wants it. There is a slight slight slight chance he makes a decision this week.

Furthermore I believe that each recruiting class as long as the current staff is together will consist of one recruit from each assistant coach's designate "area"

Kelsey: Canty, McKenzie
    Steele: Martin
    Bino: Latham

Kelsey: Wells
    Steele: Davis
    Bino: Finney-Smith or Greg Lewis
    Last edited by SixFig; 06-03-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Sophomore
    It is great to hear that Dorian will be on campus this weekend. It always says a lot about the interest level when a prospect from Virginia comes to Cincinnati on an unofficial on his own dime. I still think when it is all said and done Jakarr Sampson is the recruit that fills the 3 spot, but Dorian would be just as good.

This weekend is a great opportunity to become his leader.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Did he end up making the trip?

Must be kind of awkward for Bino to be have him at Xavier this weekend, knowing that he could possibly be recruiting him to a different school in a couple of days.

Sophomore
    I can not confirm yet, but I doubt that he and his mom came to Xavier this weekend.

Top 6 of ODU, Wake, UVA, VT, Florida, Maryland

Probably comes down to VT and MD.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/06/boys...-six?cid=poblg

Quote Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
    Did he end up making the trip?
    No

We get it, you're a Maryland fan. All seven of your posts have been about Bino and/or Finney-Smith. Ranson is a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

Of those I would pick WF, FLA or ODU. Of course I wasn't good enough to worry about those things so what I would pick never really mattered.