Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sweet 16!

I took a few general photos of the seating bowl so you can see what all they did to prepare the seating area for the games:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coaster...7623557843179/

The best $54 I spent on Xavier Women's basketball this year:
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by XU-PA View Post
    Not an expert, but it was 2001. That year they had home games, blew through the first 2 rounds at Cintas, then went on the road and knocked of Tennesee to go to the elite, lost there to Purdue.

That team had 3 players drafted to the WNBA. Jen Phillips, Tar Tuukannen and Nicole Levandusky. Nicole ended up being the only one who played and she was on a WNBA champion with LA.

Gonzaga????? Crap, another team that loves the 3 ball, I'm not sure my heart can take another!
    I'm not sure why Xavier has so much trouble defending the three ball. With the twin towers underneath they should be able to overplay the three point shooters without having to worry too much about getting beat off the dribble.

Just a thought from one who is not even close to being an expert. But watching the defense play, Xaiver seems to be very "help" oriented, meaning that those ladies are flying all over the court trying to force a trap with a double team, or keep a pass from getting inside, and switching quick on screens away from the basket. When you have bigs like Ta'Shia and Amber you are going to be a little slower across the lineup. While Special, Alesia, and Mossy can fly to the ball, a very very quick pass and a 3 point shooter that has a quick release has a chance at beating it. Defending a very good 3 point shooting team is much harder than it looks, when you over committ to try and tie up a three point shooter, then there are times when a simple ball screen can free a big for an uncontested layup. K-Mac's defense wants to be all places at all times, not the easiest thing in the world to do.
    On the other side of the coin, XU has seen a slew of very good perimeter shooting opponents of late, and every one of them has gone down to defeat. I think the combination they have this year, Amber, Ta'Shia, playing down low, Dee-Dee and April slashing feeding, Mossy, Katie, Special and help from Alessia on the perimeter add up to be one hell of a potent offense, they've been able to be just a couple points better than some very tough opponents in the last couple weeks.

From what the analysts were saying, Gonzaga plays a lot like Vandy - except they are bigger...
    But I agree with everyone on here about our 3 point shooting defense.
    Live Action