Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Junior
    Dayton "unfortunate" or "unlucky", or however you want to describe playing below their statistically expected performance level:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...?articleid=964

Interesting fact: Dayton was the 5th luckiest team in the nation last year (their record should have been worse). This year, they're the 7th unluckiest (last I checked).

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Dayton "unfortunate" or "unlucky", or however you want to describe playing below their statistically expected performance level:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...?articleid=964

Interesting fact: Dayton was the 5th luckiest team in the nation last year (their record should have been worse). This year, they're the 7th unluckiest (last I checked).
    Everything evens out. Fact is, they probably weren't as good a team as they appeared last year, and they probably aren't as bad a team as they appear this year.

Junior
    Last year, they basically won all of the close games that they ended up losing this year.

not only is this stupid, it's irrelevant. the selection committee factors in unbalanced conference schedules. for instance, they know virginia tech played the easiest acc conference schedule possible and will factor it in. same for the atlantic ten, big east, and every other unbalanced league. it's actually in your best interest to play the better teams because it gives you more chances at statement wins.

Dayton complaing because they had to play duquesne twice? They are losing to fordham at home right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Dayton complaing because they had to play duquesne twice? They are losing to fordham at home right now.
    Where's the logic in having a Friday afternoon game?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    Everything evens out. Fact is, they probably weren't as good a team as they appeared last year, and they probably aren't as bad a team as they appear this year.
    I agree that they are probably a bit better than last season's team. They're problem, similar to uc, is that their players marginally improve from Frosh to Seniors. Whatever POD they are in, you can bet that those teams with any sort of experience have improved more from the previous season than ud.
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by xupuck10 View Post
    Where's the logic in having a Friday afternoon game?
    I think they wanted to mercifully put a swift end to this season!
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12