Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How do you finish a game -- against South Florida for crying out loud -- with only 5 assists?

Watched the entire game and for the life of me can't figure out what their offensive game plan was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I have never seen a coach who makes more excuses that Micky boy.
    Are you telling me UC wouldn't win the A-10? (They wouldn't, I know that. But is that what you're telling me?:D)

Quote Originally Posted by Xpectations View Post
    How do you finish a game -- against South Florida for crying out loud -- with only 5 assists?

Watched the entire game and for the life of me can't figure out what their offensive game plan was.
    It should be to throw the ball at the redheaded midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Are you telling me UC wouldn't win the A-10? (They wouldn't, I know that. But is that what you're telling me?:D)
    I'm not sure UC could win C-USA.
    Zip'em Up!

I hope Cronin gets a lifetime contract. He takes five star recruits and makes them look like a one star.

Say what you wish about the Big East, but it's a MONSTER.

Teams with Final 4's in last 25 years: UConn, Georgetown, St. Johns, Marquette, Louisville, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Providence, Villanova

Elite 8: WVU, Pitt, ND

Basically, there is at least 1-2 National Championship contenders, and another 2-3 Sweet 16 teams in conference every year, and they rotate among a handfull of teams.

Thats gotta be brutal. Imagine being challenged 9/10 nites at home, and having to bring the A game for EVERY conference road game.

Good for UC. I hate those ****ers. Let em rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I'm not sure UC could win C-USA.
    Uh, they couldn't. For evidence just look at the 20 point beating UAB put on them. Off the top of my head, in CUSA, UC would finish behind Memphis, UAB, Marshall, UTEP and Houston.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Uh, they couldn't. For evidence just look at the 20 point beating UAB put on them. Off the top of my head, in CUSA, UC would finish behind Memphis, UAB, Marshall, UTEP and Houston.

Yeah, I was about to say I am positive they couldnt.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    UC absolutely has to be a quality win. I mean, there was just an AP article that talks about how tough the Big East is this year...maybe even tougher than last year. And Jim Blowheim even said that in most years the top six teams usually distinguish themselves, but this year it goes from about 1-12.

Really, Blowheim? Really? Last year was a great year for that conference, but I'm not buying it this year. The 2009-10 season is back to the Big East being all about hype.

Here are some of the best non-conference wins:

UC - Maryland
    Syracuse - Cal, UNC, Fla (by 12 on neutral floor, X just did that at the O-Dome)
    Villanova - Dayton, Mississippi
    WVU - Mississippi
    Pitt - Wichita St, Kent St
    G'town - Butler, Duke, Temple (by 1 at home)
    Marquette - Xavier
    Louisville - ????
    ND - St Louis
    USF - Kent St, UVA
    Seton Hall - ????
    UConn - Texas
    St. John's - Temple
    Providence - ????
    Rutgers - ????
    DePaul - ????

Georgetown and Syracuse seem to have the best collection of legit non-conference wins, but those aren't exactly lists that blow you away. At least they're not the type that should get your league as much hype as it gets. Look, the Big East is solid and it has some good teams. But there is no way that this league has proven itself to be some dominant force in the college basketball world this season.

They beat up on themselves, just like most conferences do. But, as a league, it didn't really do anything out of the conference to distinguish itself or to become head and shoulders better than anyone else. The Big East beat some good teams from other conferences, just as those conferences beat teams from the Big East. It's just another conference, just like the rest of them. It just happens to get a lot more hype.
    how many of them wins are true road wins? with less teams the a-10 got:A-10 racked up: , Nova, Georgia Tech, Cincinnati, Providence, Boston College, Sienna, Oklahoma St., Missouri, Miss. St., Louisville. Florida twice, Kent. If we count quality CAA teams like Kent was counted from the MAC it just gets better.
    Last edited by stophorseabuse; 02-17-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Say what you wish about the Big East, but it's a MONSTER.

Teams with Final 4's in last 25 years: UConn, Georgetown, St. Johns, Marquette, Louisville, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Providence, Villanova

Elite 8: WVU, Pitt, ND

Basically, there is at least 1-2 National Championship contenders, and another 2-3 Sweet 16 teams in conference every year, and they rotate among a handfull of teams.

Thats gotta be brutal. Imagine being challenged 9/10 nites at home, and having to bring the A game for EVERY conference road game.

Good for UC. I hate those ****ers. Let em rot.
    BE is very overrated this year..Syracuse, Nova..maybe WV/GT and then everyone else. Those 4 will prolly be in the sweet 16, but would not be surprised to see huggins choke again and GT not get there.