Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    I features the following things:

1) Accusing Vaughn of shaving points for Vegas.
    2) Mentioning Vaughn's head has been up his rectal area the last 4 games
    3) Calling Alvin Mitchell a knucklehead and wants him kicked off the team
    4) UC players just taking up scholarships
    5) Pack Biggie McClain's bags
    6) Screaming at Mick Cronin and questioning if he's right for the team
    7) Yelling about fundamentals
    8) Punching the desk 3 times while he yells
    9) Questioning if someone has the balls to stand up
    10) Telling Mike Thomas to move to Division 2 if they accept the CBI bid

And much much more. He gets more worked up as the podcast moves on. That's just the first hour too
    #1 - I'd be amazed if no disciplinary action was ever taken for that accusation alone.

#10 - I listened again this morning; he actually told them to drop down to D-3 and scrap all scholarships.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    TOP RECRUIT in country rushes home. His mother is sitting on the couch going through 300 letters from division 1 programs.

MOTHER(Counting out loud): Tom Izzo...Mike Krzyzewski....Bill Self....Roy Williams.....Jim Calhoun....Jim Boeheim....Rick Pitino....John Calipari....

TOP RECRUIT: Anything From Mick??!??!? Please, anything at all???

MOTHER: Sorry honey....He must be busy talking to Todd Cunningham about the negativity on the UC fan message boards...Or maybe he is working tediously to get this 30 minute Lance McCallister hateful, yet humorous to all other fans, webcast from the Depaul game last year off the air...http://1530homer.com/cc-common/media...WCKY-AM&TRACK=

TOP RECRUIT storms off, nearly in tears
    (Background music plays "All by Myself" by Celine Dion)

CUT TO:
    TOP RECRUIT walks into his bedroom full of Mick Cronin posters. He accidentally steps on a life size real doll of Mick. He screams in horror and picks up Mick immediately. Mother knocks on the door.

MOTHER: HERE'S ONE FROM MICK!

TOP RECRUIT and MOTHER celebrate like the kid in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when they get the golden ticket.

TOP RECRUIT: My life is complete.

TOP RECRUIT looks out the night window at the stars

CAMERA ZOOMS INTO A HUGE SMILE FORMING ON RECRUIT'S FACE. FADE OUT.

FADE IN TO:
    MICK CRONIN looking out his window at the clear night sky. Looking at the night stars, he starts to sing.

MICK: Somewhere...Out There....Beneath the Pale moonlight....
    Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    I think it's an incredible breach of both media ethics (would love Q's take on this) and booster violations given the full context of Todd's relationship with recruits. Expectations

Expectations first, Jimmy Two Times (I'm still laughing --later)
    First, that guy Todd has committed a MAJOR violation of NCAA rules if he is Either a UC alum or has been provided media credentials. But even more interesting is his involvement as a UC cheerleader. He may not have contact with recruits (because he has placed himself among the UIC Boosters or representative of the schools athletic interests. ) I know one thing for sure TODD IS DEFINITELY NOT A JOURNALIST If I were his editor, he's be cleaning out the jons in the printers and pressman's latrine. Does he even have an editor?
    Jimmy Baby--OK, my man. Now tell me there isn't a recording of Lance Goss spewing on the airwaves and recommending the dismissal of two scholarship players from the UC team?
    Seriously. I think Mike Bobinski and Tom Eiser should find some excuses for Xavier players never participating in Lance's show. Yeah, it denies them personal pub time, but Lance has descended into the realms of the tasteless and terribly unprofessional. Failing that because I know it would never happen, allow Xavier players and coaches to go on the show and all spouit the same line: (see "Bull Durham" cliche's scene on the bus). I think that would establish some parameters for McAlister. But, when Xavier fans then ask why they neer get coverage or always nasty crap, they'll know why.
    Oh, and in case anyone is wondering we've all got to self-police when it comes to involvement with recruits. Just follow the rules. As Crash Davis says, "Don't think, Meat. You'll only hurt the team.":D:D:D
    Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Jimmy--Lance should have been yanked off the air by the program director or someone similar. If UC had any cohones at all the school's attorney would have been on the phone the next day demanding an apology and told whoever Lance's bosses are to discipline him or there'll be legal repercussions. I can see a seven figure settlement with no non-disclosure clause.
    Oh, and Expectations, those people who report for Rivals and the others should never be given credentials for a tiddly winks match, let alone a basketball game. They are a walking cheerleader corps not worthy to wipe up the jons in any newspaper.
    I know Andy Furman could be wild and he paid dearly for it but on his worst day, he never accused a UC player of shaving points. That's not satire or hyperbole, that's plain trash. But the thing that's amazing is UC signed Lance Stevenson (admittedly no other school wanted him) and now this other phenom, is supposedly considering UC and wants to play for Mick. I'm sorry. I can't continue. I have to puke. BTW, I had not heard that pod cast. That is the most unprofessional rant I have ever heard.
    I have to bump this thread up if it's true that Brad is going to be on Lance's show today - it amazes me that Lance McP still has a job after this legendary rant.

EDIT - I also had to take out some of the bold parts that Q highlighted - apparently there's a limit on how many such tags you can do in Multi-quote.