Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recruits?

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpinthebox View Post
    Dee Davis ('11) & Griffin McKenzie ('10) were definitely there. There was another dude with big dreads there, but I wasn't sure who he was. I also noticed another kid with credentials around his neck and a North Central sweatshirt on. I can only assume that was D' Vauntes Smith - Rivera, but I can't be sure. Saw Coach Steele come over to get some of them after the game to get them into the locker room with the team. Very cool.
    More great info. Thanks guys. I really couldn't make anyone out from where I was.

Steele is going to be a huge key to our recruiting over the next couple years since he is the go-to guy in Indiana.

I think Purdue is already full for 2012 so there are going to be some interesting X/IU battles. Hopefully they continue to struggle this year and X can get some of those big name guys like Smith-Rivera.

If youre a recruit and this is the one game on your official visit, and you see THAT kind of game day atmosphere, that has got to get you fired up!

Its 12:53 AM on December 14 - and UC still sUCks!!!!
    - David Bowers ('95)

Freshman
    Kid with dreads was Malik London. Dee Davis and McKenzie were down the row from him, and Austin Burgett (Avon, IN) and DSR (North Central) were further down. Was cool to see Mack point at McKenzie and Davis during the OT! Had to be a cool moment for them.:)

Quote Originally Posted by CinciX12 View Post
    From talking to him it was obvious he's a Musketeer even if we fell flat on his face on our face tonight.

Also made about 15 three pointers in a row just messing around an hour before doors opened. We're in good shape at the PG position.
    Are you saying Dez hit around 15 threes in a row or are you talking about Dee Davis?

Dez's game is not outside shooting according to Brian Snow, so if he was draining threes like that then that is a very good sign.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpectations View Post
    Are you saying Dez hit around 15 threes in a row or are you talking about Dee Davis?

Dez's game is not outside shooting according to Brian Snow, so if he was draining threes like that then that is a very good sign.
    Wells is an athletic slasher as of now. Not to mention he's not a PG. He must be talking about Dee.

Recruits at the Shootout

Thought I saw a post somewhere about some big X recruiting targets being at the game last night, but I can't find it. Anyone know who was there?