Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Universal Stepping Stone of Cincinnati

It is so sad to see our little doe-eyed comrades in Clifton get repeatedly used as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. Especially at Christmas time. I just want to wrap them in a blanket and give them some (laced) cocoa.

Stike that. At least Notre Dame is bigger and better, but leaving a (not the) University of Cincinnati for the permanently mediocre Michigan State? Ouch. Being second best in a region is something UC is used too.

Football coaches using UC like Tiger uses a cocktail waitress (sorry, hostess) is one thing, but UC basketball getting used to get to moribund basketball programs at Kansas State and Ole Miss? What the hell is this - beg, borrow, or steal a plane, train, or automobile to the get f out of Clifton? (I know, the answer is obviously steal.)

Yikes. Some drink to remember, some drink to forget.

Did the women's swim coach bail for Stanford too? The baseball coach for the night shift at Fedex/Kinko's? UC is left behind more than a quadriplegic at a track meet.

That stone is getting pounded so hard it is going to hit magma soon. If this season goes well, Mick Cronin may leave to take over the girls' team at St. Ursuline.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

I suppose losing a coach to ND looks better than losing a coach to Harvard or Rice. Who would have thought that Harvard is a better job than UC?

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I suppose losing a coach to ND looks better than losing a coach to Harvard or Rice. Who would have thought that Harvard is a better job than UC?
    Despite our natural instinct to hate on UC, it sounds like just about any job was better than being in the athletic department in the Nancy Zimpher administration.

Xavier fans laughing at a football program that has been to the BCS two straight years is hilarious.

Xavier fans making fun of UC for not being able to keep their coach is... well, I think we know.

Enjoy watching UC win the crosstown and enjoy watchin us in the Sugar bowl. UC will be fine the next few years without BK. How about X without Miller. Not off to a good start...

UC observer is as smart, insightful, and useful as a wooden pickle:

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

UC is looking to add to the 7 points they have amassed so far in BCS football games. Watch out UF, UC is #3 and heavily favored!

What's that? UC isn't favored? Well, being even odds with last year's NC team is still something pretty good.

What's that? UC is a 10.5 point dog? Well, it's still a BCS game... at least that's something.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by UC observer View Post
    Xavier fans laughing at a football program that has been to the BCS two straight years is hilarious.

Xavier fans making fun of UC for not being able to keep their coach is... well, I think we know.

Enjoy watching UC win the crosstown and enjoy watchin us in the Sugar bowl. UC will be fine the next few years without BK. How about X without Miller. Not off to a good start...
    Actually, UC will be anything but fine without Kelly. Your team's dream season is over. Its back to 7-5 teams and hoping for the Humanitarian Bowl to come calling.

Living in the land of SEC football, I would be very surprised if Florida didn't run the kittens right outta the stadium. It could be really ugly.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

UC training regimen:

uc losing Brian Kelly to ND: