Lasalle's New "Stud" Aaric Murray

Rivals wrote a good piece on Lasalle's big recruit. This was a nice get by Lasalle.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=989058

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Rivals wrote a good piece on Lasalle's big recruit. This was a nice get by Lasalle.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/...asp?CID=989058
    Ya the guy is the real deal...Lasalle has really made the effort to contend in the A10. We matched up well with them last year, but they gave everyone else fits.

I really like the direction they are moving in.

They key to the A10 getting good publicity and solid recognition as a conference is to go out there and beat "BCS" conference schools. All the teams in the A10, minus UD, intentionally scheduled many of them this year so the opportunities are there.

Lasalle, being in Philly, has a great chance to raise their stock and the A-10's stock. I'm glad they are improving.
    Live Action

I still think Jan 7 is a trap date.

Dr. G is a good coach who has been working with half a deck up til now. That will change in the next two years.

The other factor here is Murray attracting more players who would want to play next to a great center.

I disagree that the entire league has to play and beat BCS schools in the OOC schedule. I would be satisfied if teams scheduled commensurate with its talent that year and WON.

What a recruiting job to get a top 50 recruit to come to a program that regularly has about 1000 fans in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorHasNoClothes View Post
    I still think Jan 7 is a trap date.

Dr. G is a good coach who has been working with half a deck up til now. That will change in the next two years.

The other factor here is Murray attracting more players who would want to play next to a great center.

I disagree that the entire league has to play and beat BCS schools in the OOC schedule. I would be satisfied if teams scheduled commensurate with its talent that year and WON.
    Part of me agrees with you in that too many A-10 teams lose to horrendous schools, but the A-10 schools gotta step it up in the big games. Many have come close to knocking off powers like UConn/Duke/Villanova etc, but have just fallen short.
    Live Action

I forgot to add that the spelling of this kid's name is stupid. That is all.

Duqesne hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament since 1977!? Really? How are there any fans left?