Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
    Looks like the following esteemed posters will be drinking one courtesy of this guy at some point. I only know a few of you, but I will pay up:

Bobbiemcgee
    Emp
    xu95
    XavierGJG
    JimmyTwoTimes
    KingCole
    MadXster
    94Grad
    xtremefan13

I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you at a game this year, and will bring my wallet. As for DSR, good luck to the kid, but I think his mom will regret her decision at some point when she realizes how it goes at Georgetown. He will be a key player for them for four years, and will likely never make a Sweet 16 playing for my fellow Gonzaga grad, JT3. Xavier is in excellent shape for the future, and it's a shame he didn't get to hop on for it like he wanted to, but such is the game of recruiting. Semaj and Mayles are going to join Dee and Dez in a loaded backcourt next year. See you guys at the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    but I think his mom will regret her decision at some point when she realizes how it goes at Georgetown
    Mom may have personally derailed the money train! X is an elite program that's still on the rise, G'town is a program that's known primarily for Ewing, Mutombo, Mourning and Iverson...guys that haven't been there for a long, long time. It's also in a league that may struggle to find an identity in a couple years.

That being said, if the Big East keeps getting raped of schools with legit football programs, G'town and X may actually wind up in the same league, whether it's the A-10, a Big East focused on basketball, or some combination of both. But I have a feeling X would be the headliner of the league, not G'town.

Junior
    I think I had a bet of a sponsorship of Larry Sykes' basketball-reference.com page in there too :)

Feel free to promote X however you want: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...sykesla01.html

Not to mention, support a great set of websites :)

Edit: I could be wrong though -- I make quite a few sports-reference sponsoring wagers.
    Last edited by smileyy; 10-22-2011 at 03:54 PM.