Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Does Mack/Kelsey/Steele/Bino ever sleep!!

This football game?- as posted by Nickgyp- the Guru of Xavier Football.

Muskies football Saturday at Roger Bacon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach Powers' 3-1 Muskies host the Cougars of So. Illinois (Edwardsville) at 7:30 PM at Roger Bacon in league play. Bron Bacevich field is a great place to watch a football game and it should be a good night for football!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Per Jody Demling/Louisvile C-J....

Oh the Madness

Welcome, it's a new basketball season!

The Madness began earlier tonight and there are plenty of recruits on campus all across the nation, including at the three local schools.

The biggest news of the night came out of Bloomington, Ind., for Indiana coach Tom Crean.

After word leaked on Wednesday that stud Indianapolis sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera would be on the Xavier campus and miss Hoosier Hysteria there were some that thought IU was losing ground for the prized prospect.

But on Friday night, Smith-Rivera made his way to Assembly Hall and was under a basket watching the Hysteria. I heard he might have made a trip to Xavier earlier in the day but as of right now the only confirmation is that he was at Hoosier Hysteria.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs....html#comments

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

Curious. And I don't see it as good news, though, I would like to see this kid show up to Musketeer Madness on the 24th. That'd be nice. Hopefully we're still in the running.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Well gang, Smith-Rivera can't be in two places at one time much less his parents, per Shannon's Blog,
    "Just returned from XU's first practice and it was great to see the team back in action. There were quite a few spectators at the two-hour practice, including Class of 2012 prospective player D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera and his parents."

Unless Shannon's eyes deceive her, I think the IU fans have more to be concerned about at this time.
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

IF our practice was around 5 PM or so he could conceivably made it to Bloomington by midnight. Long way to go on this recruitment and he is only a sophomore. Two years from now he might not be as highly rated as he is now. . .

True - He easily could have been back. Shannon's post was at 8:21 pm. With that said, given he was at X with his parents before heading to IU shows serious interest. All you can really ask for from a young kid.
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

Watched this kid play today. Awesome court awareness. Footwork and hands looked great. Finished well in the lane. Not sure on his shooting ability mainly because he didn't have to shoot outside.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

"The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

I really hope Mack & Co. can get this kid to play for X.