Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (Commit Other)

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...sophomore+year

North Central's Smith-Rivera getting stronger for his sophomore year
    By Kyle Neddenriep
    Posted: August 28, 2009Read Comments(4)RecommendE-mail Print ShareA A Here's a scary thought for North Central High School basketball opponents: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera started training with weights this week.

"I really haven't done it much before," said the solidly built 6-3 sophomore guard. "My coach, Doug Mitchell, wants to get me in there and get stronger."

Smith-Rivera is already one of the area's best at finishing around the basket. Teaming with senior Terone Johnson, a Purdue recruit, the Panthers should have one of the state's top backcourts.

Smith-Rivera shined on the 15-and-under Indiana Elite, attracting quite a following from major Division I coaches. Already with offers from Indiana, Purdue and Tennessee, Smith-Rivera said he's planning an unofficial visit soon to North Carolina. He also has a trip scheduled this weekend that will take him to campuses at Kentucky, Louisville and Xavier.

"I'm looking forward to the visits," Smith-Rivera said. "You see a lot of the coaches out at the tournaments, but it's nice to be able to see the school."

Smith-Rivera visited the North Carolina campus during a tournament in May. "I'd be interested in going there," he said. "I like how they run the program. I liked the school. Hopefully I'll get an offer."
    Last edited by waggy; 10-23-2010 at 10:39 PM.

top 20 prospect at X this weekend

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

I can confirm that Indianapolis North Central D'Vaunte Smith-Rivera - the 6-foot-3 bruising guard who is a top-20 player nationally - didn't attend the Indiana Elite Camp because he was scheduled to make unofficial visits to Louisville, Kentucky, Xavier and Cincinnati this weekend.
    Chris Mack: "I just knew that I had a lot more passion for basketball than I did for hydraulic oil."

Very good news. Here's hoping that Mack and crew continue to do what they need to do! I have complete faith in our coaches, especially seeing as they have done more than their fair share already.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

It's only a matter of time before we land a 5 star guy.

Then again, as soon as whoever it is commits to Xavier, he'll drop 25 spots in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post

Then again, as soon as whoever it is commits to Xavier, he'll drop 25 spots in the rankings.
    After which he will drop 25 points a night on our competition.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Looks like he will be visiting again this weekend per Demlings Blog

Indianapolis North Central standout sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera will be making an unofficial visit to Xavier this weekend for a practice and football game. He's considered one of the elite sophomores in the country and many figured he would attend Hoosier Hysteria in Bloomington on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post

Indianapolis North Central standout sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera will be making an unofficial visit to Xavier this weekend for a practice and football game. He's considered one of the elite sophomores in the country and many figured he would attend Hoosier Hysteria in Bloomington on Friday.
    Oh wow......Who's recruiting him? Steele?
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post

What football game?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_x View Post
    What football game?
    maybe he was able to get a bengals-texans ticket since no one else is going.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post

Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    After which he will drop 25 points a night on our competition.
    HEEEEYYYYYOOO!!!
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015