Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Speaking of Glenn Beck, he is his Reagan Remix:

Reagan Audio - Don't say we weren't warned
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Stewart takes himself seriously. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
    I think Stewart takes his role as a critic of the newsmedia seriously, and has since his infamous appearance on the Bill Press/Tucker Carlson show whose name escapes me at the moment. I think he honestly feels that the media has abdicated its journalistic responsibilities and has decided instead to focus on trivialities while operating as a glorified stenographer for political spinmeisters (e.g., the fact that right-wing critics are unchallenged when they describe the current Obama health care proposal as single-payer coverage of the type found in Europe, which is just demonstrably false).

When it comes to political commentary I think he's pretty much the same as always--bashing politicos on all sides for hypocrisy and spotlighting the absurd in our political discourse.

EDIT: Crossfire was the name of the show.

The Daily Show with Kilbourne was awful, I can't believe anyone wants to go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post

The Daily Show with Kilbourne was awful, I can't believe anyone wants to go back to that.
    Agreed. Kilborn is nowhere near as funny as Stewart. Not at all.
    Eat Donuts!

Does everyone forget the fact that Jon Stewart has won 11 Emmys and has been nominated for something like 23 more?

He has hosted two Academy Award shows. Does anybody realize that?

Craig Kilborn won an award for the best use of Jimanji! Craig Kilborn no doubt will host the ESPY's sometime after Mia Hamm gets the gig.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Does everyone forget the fact that Jon Stewart has won 11 Emmys and has been nominated for something like 23 more?

Craig Kilborn won an award for the best use of Jimanji! Craig Kilborn no doubt will host the ESPY's sometime after Mia Hamm gets the gig.
    What is Kilborn up to these days???

Anyways this is pretty entertaining from 2008...

Bill O'reilly on Jon Stewart's show part 1
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...o-reilly-pt--1

Part 2
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...o-reilly-pt--2

I'll give O'reilly credit. He's very quick witted. Entertaining segment

Baracknophobia
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...ophobia---obey
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 09-01-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Live Action

Bill o'reilly and John Stewart have a sort of love affair going. They've expressed feelings of admiration towards each other.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

I am not an O'Reilly fan by any means but I will give him credit because he goes on shows where he knows the audience doesn't like him, specifically Letterman's show and the Daily Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I am not an O'Reilly fan by any means but I will give him credit because he goes on shows where he knows the audience doesn't like him, specifically Letterman's show and the Daily Show.
    The man ain't dumb. Anytime he goes onto a show where he knows the audience won't like him, it bumps his numbers up. It's shock jock TV (as is Olberman, Limbaugh and others) where people who despise the commentator still watch because they are so pissed off by what they say, they simply can't help but watch and react. (Of course the majority of the audience simply watches to get their own views bolstered, it applies to both dems and repubs).

It's about making money. These guys aren't trying to actually impact the world. They are snake oil salesmen, the lot of them, making money hand over fist "commentating" on things, without really putting their butts out there, trying to change things. You know who I respect the most out of these guys? Al Franken, the loon. At least he believed enough in what he said to run for office.

I HATE dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post

Basing funny on Emmys is like basing good music on Grammys or good movies based on the Oscars. Kilborn was the man.

Kilborn sucked.
    Eat Donuts!