Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Cheese, I used to watch the Daily Show when I was younger and uninformed. If you seriously take the "Daily Show" as gospel I think you should take a minute to do some internal reflection.

Wow, arrogant douchbag? What a vapid and shallow remark, no wonder you watch the Daily Show.
    Umm, the guy is a Douchebag. I just call it like I see it. He was dickhead on Hard Copy too. It's not shallow at all but sorry, if he's your hero or something. I view The Daily Show as entertainment but thanks for jumping to conclusions.

If you seriously take Fox News as gospel, you too, sir, are misinformed. I said, Good Day!
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Umm, the guy is a Douchebag. I just call it like I see it. He was dickhead on Hard Copy too. It's not shallow at all but sorry, if he's your hero or something. I view The Daily Show as entertainment but thanks for jumping to conclusions.

If you seriously take Fox News as gospel, you too, sir, are misinformed. I said, Good Day!
    Never said I took Fox as gospel but thanks for jumping to conclusions. Bill O does however have the one of the if not the highest rated cable shows so he must not be AS big of a douche as some believe. I watch and read many different sources. IMO, Stewart is a loser and has destroyed what was once a funny show.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

So, a guy is a Genius if he gets a lot viewers? NASCAR is the biggest spectator "Sport" in America too. Does that mean, it's the best?

Also, how would you know if The Daily Show is any good? You said you used to watch it, right? It's actually been quite funny the past 2-3 years. I DVR it.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Never said I took Fox as gospel but thanks for jumping to conclusions. Bill O does however have the one of the if not the highest rated cable shows so he must not be AS big of a douche as some believe. I watch and read many different sources. IMO, Stewart is a loser and has destroyed what was once a funny show.
    I'm a fan of Stewart.

But I do think you have a point. Stewart took the show in a very political direction 6 or 7 years ago. In the short term, that provided a big boost to the show's ratings and status. But I'm not sure if that shift was a good long term choice. The show seems to be losing it's luster. A daily comedy show about politics is a tricky endeavor to sustain in the long run.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

I try to avoid political commentary and stick to the reporting of objective facts. BBC America for me, thanks.
    Doomed to watch Xavier games on TV since 2008. Still shirtless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    So, a guy is a Genius if he gets a lot viewers? NASCAR is the biggest spectator "Sport" in America too. Does that mean, it's the best?

Also, how would you know if The Daily Show is any good? You said you used to watch it, right? It's actually been quite funny the past 2-3 years. I DVR it.
    Not sure of what point you are trying to make. I'm not a NASCAR fan and I'm smart enought to realize that my opinion is, according to your assertion is in the minority. You think O'Reily is a douche and that opinion by my assertion would noy be in accordance with the mainstream of America. It doesn't make either of our opinions right or wrong but they are what we think.

The fact is that Stewart distorted what O'Reily said and he has a track record of distorting situations to suit his blisteringly leftist stance. Which is why I stopped watching about 5 years ago. You see, the show used to be funny before Stewart began to take himself serioulsy.

That show is weak but its better "on weed". Just ask Stewart.
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 08-26-2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Brew, you honestly think Stewart takes his points seriously?

He is on Comedy Central right?

Stewart vs Oreilly. Grudge match.

The fact of the matter is that Stewart DID distort what Oreilly said. It's because he's on a COMEDY show, and should be taken with a grain of salt. The fact that Oreilly even addressed what Stewart said is a proof that Oreilly also should be seen in the same light, as in, entertainment only, not a source of facts or news.

The idea that people would take Oreilly as a news source over entertainment astounds me. I mean, would someone take Stewart seriously? Or Olberman? Or any other political commentator in any vein? People are arguing over entertainment sources, not sources for real news.

I HATE dayton.

Stewart takes himself seriously. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

You know who really sucks? Bill Maher. I caught some of that shit last night after Hard Knocks. I watched for maybe 5 minutes, but it felt like an hour. The biggest, and really only, laugh he got was referring to Bush as one of the biggest mistakes in US history.

Hey Bill.... the guy is gone. For the better part of a year now. It's time to freshen up your shit.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Stewart takes himself seriously. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

You know who really sucks? Bill Maher. I caught some of that shit last night after Hard Knocks. I watched for maybe 5 minutes, but it felt like an hour. The biggest, and really only, laugh he got was referring to Bush as one of the biggest mistakes in US history.

Hey Bill.... the guy is gone. For the better part of a year now. It's time to freshen up your shit.
    I don't agree with Stewart's leftist bent but I do think he is funny. I think Colbert is a true comic genius. Both those guys are lefties, but they have talent.

I would agree about Bill Maher. He is not funny. I am not sure he is even trying to be funny anymore. "I watched for maybe 5 minutes, but it felt like an hour." That is a great way of putting it.

As for the video that this thread is based upon, I didn't find it very funny. Just my opinion. I still like to catch Stewart and Colbert then and again because they do some funny stuff.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I still miss the old days of Craig Kilborn and his 5 questions. Otherwise, I've just always thought of the Daily Show as a 30-minute version of Weekend Update.