Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    I know you can never have enough guards, but Izzo already has 2 SGs in the class of 2011. Meanwhile, Xavier graduates Dante and Redford our two best shooters before Harris would step on campus.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Evan Daniels' (Scout.com) Twitter:

Not to interrupt my constant finals game tweets. BUT Michigan State just offered 2012 elite wing Gary Harris during his unofficial visit.

http://twitter.com/EvanDanielscout

Gary Harris looking at MSU, U-M

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...ng-at-MSU--U-M

X might be out of the running.
    - Bob Sacamano

Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
    Where do you draw that conclusion from?

"I think I'm going to do Notre Dame later this month," he said. "Notre Dame and Xavier. All the campuses are the same -- they just differ in the size and location. The real big difference is going to be the coaching staff and the relationships that we have with each other. There is no specific timeline (for determining the best fit) right now. I'm just trying to see what's best for me. When I find out what's best for me, I'll make a decision."

Besides Izzo might not be there too much longer and UM well...they ain't what they used to be.

IMO if Izzo stays, it is tough to turn Michigan State down. Your practically guaranteed a final four if you stay four years.
    - Bob Sacamano

Michigan State has 2 Shooting Guards committed in the 2011 class.

Dwaun Anderson Rivals 4 star Ht:6'3" Wt:170 lbs rank 86
    and
    Brandan Kearney Rivals 3 star Ht:6'5" Wt:175 lbs rank 144

I'm not saying it's not going to be a recruiting battle but I wouldn't count Xavier out in the least.
    Balls of Steele!!

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...ormer-star-Mom

I'm sure Xavier would be happy to have both, but in my opinion X gets DSR or Gary Harris. Not both. They play similar positions and are similar in size to Dezmine Wells.
    - Bob Sacamano

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...ormer-star-Mom

I'm sure Xavier would be happy to have both, but in my opinion X gets DSR or Gary Harris. Not both. They play similar positions and are similar in size to Dezmine Wells.
    I am not sure I agree with this. If I am not mistaken, DSR is a 1/2 and Harris is a 2/3. That goes well with our class of 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 4/5 this year and 1/2, 2/3, and (hopefully) 3/4 next year. Then in 2012 if we can get DSR (1/2) and Harris (2/3) then add a big (4/5) either next year or 2012 (or both) we have plenty of balance.

I see Harris as a 1/2 combo guard in the Avery Bradley mold. It would be difficult to plat these guys and Dezmine wells together. If none of them grow to much, it would be a significant size dissadvantage.
    - Bob Sacamano

Sophomore
    Xavier would be happy with either and/or both, but we need a true shooter. If I had my choice it would be Garry Harris.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan