Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A-10 HQ heads to Newport News

There will reportedly be a news conference on Thursday that will chronicle the move by the A-10 Commissioner's Office from Philadelphia to Newport News, Virginia.

Since there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason about this move, it'll be interesting to hear what motivated this decision. Speculation reigns on the A-10 board!

Sophomore
    Well, sure, to accomodate all those Virginia teams in the A10. When did Richmond become the tail that wags the dog in the A10?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We hereby welcome the 2012 Atlantic 10 Tournament to the Scope in Hampton Roads, Virginia!!!!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I think you heard wrong, it will be at the new Scores in Newport.

^ and the neutral site A10 tournament gets moved to the Bank of America center with courtesy shuttles to the Levee area bars?
    - David Bowers ('95)

A-10 moving from Philly to Va.

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- A person familiar with the decision says the Atlantic 10 Conference plans to move its headquarters from Philadelphia to Newport News.

Economics played a role in the decision. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the move hasn't been publicized. An announcement is planned for Thursday in Newport News.

The league has 14 schools mostly in the Northeast; Richmond is the only one in Virginia.

The A10's highest-profile sport is men's basketball, with Xavier, Temple and George Washington having been ranked in recent seasons. The Colonial Athletic Association took over the A10's football program in the 2007 season.

The move was first reported by The Daily Press of Newport News.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0NvJkkkEn
    Chris Mack: "I just knew that I had a lot more passion for basketball than I did for hydraulic oil."

Why not Dayton?

Newport News?

Huh?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This cant be true. WTF? I knew the new commish loves the ACC, but this is not a logical move. If true, its a downmarket signal. I would rather have moved the league offices to Olean than Newport News.