Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Daniel Eric Rosenbaum

Check out former baseball Musketeer killing it in the Nationals minor leagues.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=572095

I'm not good with math, but I think that's at least one strikeout per inning.

Looking forward to purchasing my first Rosenbaum Nationals jersey.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Rookie ball 22nd Rounders get a handshake and a one way plane ticket, but we can dream along with him.

Here's a great story about a guy I graduated with from X for you younger guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Donnelly
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 08-06-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Rookie ball 22nd Rounders get a handshake and a one way plane ticket, but we can dream along with him.
    Rockie ball 22nd rounders that strikeout people once an inning get a trip to play for the Washington Nationals!
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Rockie ball 22nd rounders that strikeout people once an inning get a trip to play for the Washington Nationals!
    When you're the 651st pick, you'll need a few miracles, but then, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    When you're the 651st pick, you'll need a few miracles, but then, why not.
    If he performs, who cares what number he was drafted?
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Sophomore
    he will get his chance to make an impact. I work in the minors and the Nationals farm system is not all that great, so if can make make a name for yourself you will move up the ladder fast. He has a chance as long has he can show he can do that in every level he pitches. Mike Piazza was drafted in the 65th round, or something like it, so anything is possible, especially if its the nats minor league system.

The odds are stacked against anyone drafted outside the first round or two, but 22nd round isn't really that low. There are 40 rounds, so he's a mid-round pick.

Of course, guys who strike out a batter an inning in the GCL (and currently have 18 inning shutout streaks going) don't really get a ticket to Washington. They get a ticket to Patomac to play in the Carolina league with the great Boomer Whiting.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The odds are stacked against anyone drafted outside the first round or two, but 22nd round isn't really that low. There are 40 rounds, so he's a mid-round pick.

Of course, guys who strike out a batter an inning in the GCL (and currently have 18 inning shutout streaks going) don't really get a ticket to Washington. They get a ticket to Patomac to play in the Carolina league with the great Boomer Whiting.
    Just what I was saying....22 IP in GCL a long way from the the hundreds of innings thru 5 levels to the Show. Next step would be A ball next yr or back to Rookie League. The guys who got the big signing bonuses will alway play ahead of you until you prove they don't deserve to.

If he gets promoted to the short-season Vermont Lake Monsters, I am definitely going to have to head out to watch him pitch.

Sophomore
    the nats tend to fast track a lot pitchers. I think as long as he keeps up this pace he could see potomac at some point next year.