Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I am excited that we added some much needed height to the team. I know the Lawrence North team is loaded every year so playing time is scarce, but I believe he may only earn 6 to 8 minutes a game. PT is earned in practice and from what I have read he may not be the best practice player.

I hope Robinson embarks on what will be a great career at X.

Talking

All, Chris Mack in the tradition of the coaches that have preceded him at Xavier, and any college coach in his right mind for that matter, promises no playing time to any player. They have to earn it in practice. EARN IT.
    The Robinson kid has some excellent genes and yes, at Lawrence North you have to almost fight to get on the court. This kid has the one thing you can't coach, 6-feet, 9-inches. And if he has any of the talent his dad showed when he was sought by damn near every major team in the country way back when, Xavier can start smiling.
    I'm also quite sure these things were explained to him long before Xvier offered him. If Mack didn't think this kid could play--and you can bet more than the assistant who recruited him saw him play--he wouldn't have offered, let alone accepted a commitment. This kid could be an answer to a lot of things. Mainly, backup size next yer and support for Kenny the following year.
    Xavier can still keep Latham, sign Weatherspoon and still have a scholarship available.:D:D:D

Sophomore
    I hope Robinson works hard and becomes a contributing member of the team. He sounds like he is ready to prove himself.

http://mma.indy.com/posts/lawrence-n...-attend-xavier
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

They say he was a top rebounder @ the NBA 100 and apparently runs the floor very well for a big dude. If he can play XU "D", I think we will certainly have the scorers this year and for a while to come.

Anybody hear how the summer courses went? Think this article was a little pre-mature:

http://hoopsmongrel.blogspot.com/200...er-commit.html

Chris Mack is a sinister genius.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Chris Mack is a sinister genius.
    Yeah, I hear this Robinson kid might have some talent. Could be a good pick-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Yeah, I hear this Robinson kid might have some talent. Could be a good pick-up!
    I don't know, he's had limited high school playing time.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    We could really use a 2009 PF. This would be huge!
    Reps

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    sounds very promising, but a little bit of a work in progess. Xavier has always been good at developing bigs, so this guy could end up being a gem.
    And Reps

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not to knock on Andrew, but I'd rather have an athletic guy who has all the skills just needs to put them together than Andrew Taylor as our backup PF.
    Yet more Reps
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Not only that, Xavier has been proven to help develop big men (D Brown, Doellman, Love, Posey, etc). I think X can get the "potential" out of Robinson.

Whats amazing to me is that Robinson only played minimal minutes his senior year of high school averaging 3.5 points per game because that Lawrence North High School was so stacked.

Anyways I like this pickup.

So now we have 2 scholarships left...for JD/Jones/Martin/Canty/Coleman
    And written reps for myself

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    3.5 points a game in high school? Sounds like a redshirt candidate.
    I still think he should have redshirted.