Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    3.5 points a game in high school? Sounds like a redshirt candidate.
    Absolutely loaded team. Do you honestly think we can afford to redshirt an incoming PF this year?

3.5 points a game in high school? Sounds like a redshirt candidate.
    Ain't gonna happen. They don't need him next year as much as this year. All he needs to do is rebound and play d. I hope he hits the weight room.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Absolutely loaded team. Do you honestly think we can afford to redshirt an incoming PF this year?
    Sure. We were obviously planning to go through the year without an incoming PF before this.

I'm sure his HS team is very good. Xavier is a whole lot better.

FWIW, the competition for playing time at Lawrence North HS is insane. They had Robinson along with several other prospects including Stephan Van Treese in the post rotation. Justin Martin just played his first season on varsity as a junior. I think this is Oden and Conley's HS, correct?

Sure. We were obviously planning to go through the year without an incoming PF before this.

I'm sure his HS team is very good. Xavier is a whole lot better.
    Yeah, but everyone was pointing to that as a major weakness. You don't fix the problem, just to redshirt the guy and have the problem again. Kind of like Reds fans wanting to trade a SP, now that there is finally some depth and stability in the rotation, you don't just trade a guy away and get back to where you started.

I don't know squat about the guy but he had offers from Butler, Illinois & Purdue along with intrest from North Carolina, Kentucky and Indiana so the guy must have something.

I hope he's the next coming of Karl Malone.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    FWIW, the competition for playing time at Lawrence North HS is insane. They had Robinson along with several other prospects including Stephan Van Treese in the post rotation. Justin Martin just played his first season on varsity as a junior. I think this is Oden and Conley's HS, correct?
    Yes, they also had Dominuiqe Ferguson, they are the UCLA of Indiana High School basketball. The kid could have scored more had he not been behind SVT (lousiville)
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

I like the fact he was in the NBA top 100 camp a season ago and according to Painter acquitted himself on the glass. Let's hope he works hard on the court and in the classroom and keeps the Musketeer tradition of developing underrated big men in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Yes, they also had Dominuiqe Ferguson, they are the UCLA of Indiana High School basketball. The kid could have scored more had he not been behind SVT (lousiville)
    Ferguson is really really good...5 star, being recruited by everyone from UK to UCLA to Duke to UNC i believe.
    Live Action