Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Jeff Robinson - PF (COMMIT)

Hoosier Hoops is reporting that Jeff Robinson will commit to the Musketeers.

Robinson was originally a Purdue commit. However, Purdue's admissions recently rejected him because all of his grades were not in order.

Apparently Jeff is waiting on a summer school class, and Purdue had to make the decision to admit him or not.

If you read between the lines... Purdue has oversigned.....
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

We could really use a 2009 PF. This would be huge!
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore

Here is the link

http://www.hoosierhoopsreport.com/

For the last ten days, Xavier has been talking to Jeff Robinson and over the weekend Xavier pulled the trigger and offered the 6'9" forward from Lawrence North. As of this morning, Robinson is all but committed, but the final issue...

Scouting report on Robinson per ESPN:

Evaluation
    December, 2008: Robinson receives very limited time and a very talented and deep Lawrenceville North team. He has great size and is a very good athlete but gets very little done on the floor. He plays very unaggressive and unsure of himself most of the time. When he is motivated he can finish above the rim in transition and score on drop off passes created by guard penetration and rebound in his area. For Robinson to have success at Purdue he make play with more passion and energy and continue to develop his skills and add strength. If he makes these improvements his game will be as good as he looks.

November, 2007: Jeff Robinson is a long, athletic big man who can run with the best of them. He has a ton of potential, but still has not put it all together on the court. When you see him in skill sessions, you can see an impact player, yet he still has not shown the ability to dominate on the high school level at this point in time. Robinson is physically weak, but he also is not willing to mix it up inside with bigger players. He settles for jump shots and does not actively pursue rebounds. While I hate to say it, right now, he is a "soft" player. Robinson does have some natural gifts that make him a very intriguing prospect. He is skilled and shows flashes that make you want to see more. There is no doubt that more is in him, it is just a matter of him gaining the confidence to do it. Strength training is a must and he needs to really "want it" to be able to reach his potential as a player.

Sophomore
    sounds very promising, but a little bit of a work in progess. Xavier has always been good at developing bigs, so this guy could end up being a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    sounds very promising, but a little bit of a work in progess. Xavier has always been good at developing bigs, so this guy could end up being a gem.
    Not to knock on Andrew, but I'd rather have an athletic guy who has all the skills just needs to put them together than Andrew Taylor as our backup PF.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not to knock on Andrew, but I'd rather have an athletic guy who has all the skills just needs to put them together than Andrew Taylor as our backup PF.
    Not only that, Xavier has been proven to help develop big men (D Brown, Doellman, Love, Posey, etc). I think X can get the "potential" out of Robinson.

Whats amazing to me is that Robinson only played minimal minutes his senior year of high school averaging 3.5 points per game because that Lawrence North High School was so stacked.

Anyways I like this pickup.

So now we have 2 scholarships left...for JD/Jones/Martin/Canty/Coleman
    Live Action

Jeff is a Muskie

Holloway, Jackson, Crawford, McLean, Love as the starting 5 with Lyons, Walsh, Frease, Redford, and Robinson coming off the bench.

Sounds to me like they might want to hold back planning the championship parade in Dayton until we see this group on the court.

3.5 points a game in high school? Sounds like a redshirt candidate.