Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Watch Out for Dayton Next Year"

I am so sick of hearing how good Dayton is going to be "Next Year". How many years in a row have I heard about how "Next Year" is the year we're going to get it? Too many. It's time for the delusions to stop. I've got news for you, your Dayton Flyers will continue to crash into the mountain that is Xavier. Why? Because that is what you do. If our tough spring has made you forget that here are a few things that should remind you.

1. In 2004-05 (our most disastrous year in recent memory). We dominated your team at Cintas, finished ahead of you in the old A-10 west, and advanced further into the A-10 tournament than you. That season was a miserable failure for us.

2. The black jerseys you guys trotted out with in the Nati this year were pathetic not only in that you guys were blown away when "this was your year to beat X in Cincy", you also wore t-shirts for warm ups. And some Dayton fans try to mock us by calling US MidMajor??? Xavier doesn't wear warm up t-shirts, we're better than that.

3. Oh my God, you upset West Virginia last year in the first round and made it to the second round of the tourney! We beat a better WVU team in a much higher profile game the year before, annnnd still went to the sweet 16 while the Dayton Flyers got blasted by Kansas (kind of in the same way they get blasted every time they travel to Cintas. Should Dayton fans refer to Xavier as Jackson Pollack?).

A popular definition of insanity is when one does the same thing and expects different results. I would say Dayton fans fit that description rather well. Maybe they should try something different, and make their victory claims after actual victories. "You are going to get it this year" just rings hollow. Of course, if they did that, Dayton fans would never be able to claim victory. I notice that some of you (probably due to your low level education) have trouble spelling and pronouncing Xavier (-avier, eggzavier, etc). I have a few suggestions for other names that might be easier to pronounce; A-10 Flagship, That School We Can't Beat, League Champions, The Reason I Have a Migraine Right Now, and Everything a Dayton Fan Wishes Their Program Would Be

Have a nice offseason. See you when it counts.

Dayton sucks.
    My favorite teams are Xavier and whoever is playing UC or UD.

Quote Originally Posted by goxavier84 View Post
    I am so sick of hearing how good Dayton is going to be "Next Year". How many years in a row have I heard about how "Next Year" is the year we're going to get it? Too many. It's time for the delusions to stop. I've got news for you, your Dayton Flyers will continue to crash into the mountain that is Xavier. Why? Because that is what you do. If our tough spring has made you forget that here are a few things that should remind you.

1. In 2004-05 (our most disastrous year in recent memory). We dominated your team at Cintas, finished ahead of you in the old A-10 west, and advanced further into the A-10 tournament than you. That season was a miserable failure for us.

2. The black jerseys you guys trotted out with in the Nati this year were pathetic not only in that you guys were blown away when "this was your year to beat X in Cincy", you also wore t-shirts for warm ups. And some Dayton fans try to mock us by calling US MidMajor??? Xavier doesn't wear warm up t-shirts, we're better than that.

3. Oh my God, you upset West Virginia last year in the first round and made it to the second round of the tourney! We beat a better WVU team in a much higher profile game the year before, annnnd still went to the sweet 16 while the Dayton Flyers got blasted by Kansas (kind of in the same way they get blasted every time they travel to Cintas. Should Dayton fans refer to Xavier as Jackson Pollack?).

A popular definition of insanity is when one does the same thing and expects different results. I would say Dayton fans fit that description rather well. Maybe they should try something different, and make their victory claims after actual victories. "You are going to get it this year" just rings hollow. Of course, if they did that, Dayton fans would never be able to claim victory. I notice that some of you (probably due to your low level education) have trouble spelling and pronouncing Xavier (-avier, eggzavier, etc). I have a few suggestions for other names that might be easier to pronounce; A-10 Flagship, That School We Can't Beat, League Champions, The Reason I Have a Migraine Right Now, and Everything a Dayton Fan Wishes Their Program Would Be

Have a nice offseason. See you when it counts.
    I don't have kids yet, but when I do, would you be the Godfather? They'll need a good influence like you in their lives.
    "The kid tried to jump with me and that was his first mistake."- postgame interview with Jamel McLean after defeating Wisconsin 60-49

After signing a deal to become part of Kid's Gap Promo Elite, the Flyers released their 2009-10 warmups today:

http://www.nikkiknits.com/store/images/P/wmelnlngz.jpg

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    After signing a deal to become part of Kid's Gap Promo Elite, the Flyers released their 2009-10 warmups today:

http://www.nikkiknits.com/store/images/P/wmelnlngz.jpg
    This i great stuff.

+1 PMI

Goxavier84 speaks the truth. But Dayton fans, as we know, cannot handle the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Goxavier84 speaks the truth. But Dayton fans, as we know, cannot handle the truth.

it hurts about as much as having sex with a watermelon since people from there can't get a real woman.......just saying
    "The kid tried to jump with me and that was his first mistake."- postgame interview with Jamel McLean after defeating Wisconsin 60-49