Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: spearman

Talking

Spearman attends Simeon High School. The first thing I would ask is how are his grades?
    Oh, and for the Chicago residents and natives or all-seeing and all-knowing, that's not a slam. That's just as sad fact.:D

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Spearman attends Simeon High School. The first thing I would ask is how are his grades?
    Oh, and for the Chicago residents and natives or all-seeing and all-knowing, that's not a slam. That's just as sad fact.:D
    Yeah, thats the same basketball factory/high school that Derrick Rose went to. You know the school were D's & F's magically become C's, and someone else sits for your SAT.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
    I would put Spearman at either Dayton or Marquette when all is said and done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    And I would put Dayton in the NIT.

Ha, Ha, Ha, HA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Well, done, my man- but you may be giving them too much credit!:p
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I don't take offense Q, it has always been talked about for alot of the Chicago area Public Schools for that....always wondered how they got in to DePaul back in the 70's and early 80's...wondered if Ray was finagling the grades...
    Section 201 Proud member of the Loudmouths. Our motto: Cheer often and cheer loud. And at times cheer long.

Quote Originally Posted by XURunner85 View Post
    I don't take offense Q, it has always been talked about for alot of the Chicago area Public Schools for that....always wondered how they got in to DePaul back in the 70's and early 80's...wondered if Ray was finagling the grades...
    I doubt Ray was playing with anyone's grades. During the final years of Ray's coaching days there were some kids from the Chicago Public League that couldn't quite hack it in the classroom. Teddy Grubbs was the main player. Anyways, the public league coaches claimed the Meyers weren't doing enough for public league players and there was a rift between DePaul and the Public League coaches. In the final years of Ray's coaching career and all of Joey's they had a hard time getting any decent players out of the public league.

Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 07-17-2009 at 03:28 PM.
    Live Action

Spearman while a nice player didn't have an offer from X.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    For the love of all that is good and pure, what on earth would suddenly make kids start going there? The town is a shit hole, the team hasn't been very good for years, the coach hasn't been too good...nothing has changed (at least for the better) in a long time. Suddenly top recruits think it's a great place to go. At what point does UD get nailed for paying off recruits?

Sophomore
    I just took a look, and Simeon's produced quite a few pro players including Derrick Rose/Deon Thomas/Nick Anderson/ Bobby Simmons (NBA), Wes Chamberlain/Jeff Jackson (MLB), and Johnny Mitchell (NFL).

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    For the love of all that is good and pure, what on earth would suddenly make kids start going there? The town is a shit hole, the team hasn't been very good for years, the coach hasn't been too good...nothing has changed (at least for the better) in a long time. Suddenly top recruits think it's a great place to go. At what point does UD get nailed for paying off recruits?
    Haha IDK... But seriously they are doing a hell of a job recruiting.