Power forward
    Akron (OH) St. Vincent-St. Mary
    AAU: King James Shooting Stars

Ht: 6-foot-6
    Wt: 190 lbs
    Class: 2011 (High School)

Interest: Xavier, Cincinnati, Dayton, Ohio State, Akron, Kent State

Offers: Dayton

I haven't seen him play, nor have I read much about him. But I was doing a little searching today and a noticed a blurb that showed up in the search results where he apparently said, "I'm going to go down to Xavier, too." I clicked the link, but it took me to a pay article on Scout. It was dated today, June 17th. (FYI - if you have a Scout account, you can access the story off the Xavier page.)

I saw him play in the state title game against Juwan Staten's team this year. He looked good for a then Sophomore. Definitely saw serious D-1 potential in him, even if it was only one game. I think he had 12 or so points and a good amount of boards. Good athlete.

Hoping maybe TheRick will have some info on this kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Hoping maybe TheRick will have some info on this kid...
    No inside info on this kid really... I've only seen him once. He plays with one of the King James teams.

I can't really give a fair evaluation of the kid, but in the limited time seeing him play it looks like he has a lot of upside. He needs to put on some serious muscle, though he probably should play the 3 in college. He's listed as 6'8" ...in my notes I estimated him at 6'7"-6'8" so that's probably pretty accurate. What stood out to me was that he's a pretty strong ballhandler for his size and age. If he can continue to expand his range on his jumpshot (which I've heard seems to improve constantly)then he could be a very talented scorer. Right now he looked like he was mostly a slasher. The one thing I liked is he reminded me of some guys we've had in the past such as Derrick Brown who wasn't really a post player but with length and athletic ability (+ the great strength program at X) can defend the post pretty darn well in addition to guarding guys out to the perimeter.

Is it accurate that X is legitimately in the mix for this kid?

As of now... Yes as far as I know. The only school that's offered I believe is Dayton. He lists all the local schools X, UC, Dayton, Wright State, Akron, etc as showing interest.... However, it's really too early to say who's in the mix. He could end up being elite level or he could fizzle. He needs to show improvement but I would say at this point X would be in on this kid... How much that matters... IDK...

Of course it's always nice getting in early on a kid.

Don't think he is a priority for X as of now..... X tends to recruit on a little better player or higher rated (for the most part) than UD and the MAC schools..

IMO, Jakarr will be a Top 100 recruit when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Don't think he is a priority for X as of now..... X tends to recruit on a little better player or higher rated (for the most part) than UD and the MAC schools..
    It's more of a thing of him not being seen much yet. It's not just MAC schools showing interest... UC has as well. That usually means that it's a local kid who hasn't been seen enough on the national level. This kid could end up being a guy that we aren't able to get because he's an elite level talent... Or he could be someone that fits perfect for us. It's too early to say he's not a priority or not good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Is it accurate that X is legitimately in the mix for this kid?
    He vsited X on Thursday, also sUCks...