Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mack_Pack View Post
    Hell Yea!!!
    Oh ya! Welcome to Xavier!! I watched him play in the AAU showcase thing (Should have been called Katz's Korner). But from what I saw he played very well. I am suprised he's not ranked higher. I believe he had 9 points or 11 in the first half on a very good that included Bullock who's an absolute stud going to UNC.

So now we have 1 'ship left. JD/Jones/McKenzie/Martin...Who do you guys think we'll get?
    Live Action

Can he shoot or is he just a slasher? I'm not an insider on Rivals so I would have no clue.

I am really excited about Canty. He has very good athleticism, I think he will develop into a great player for us. The one knock on him is he needs to develop more of a jump shot. We had a small forward the past 2 years that couldn't make a shot outside of 5 feet so I think he will do alright in our system.

Alleyoop...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJBuZUk2a-Q

Interview...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iamv1Si0yoc
    -Averaged 17.5 points/game, 7.2 rebounds, 2.5 steals/game, 2 blocks/game in high school as soph

ESPN Analysis...http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...ruitId%3d44293 . Given a grade of 88
    Live Action

Only problem is that we did steal him away from High Point (sorry, 87).

From ESPN's description of him:

May, 2009: Canty is a very productive wing player on both ends of the floor. Although his perimeter jumper needs attention he simply makes plays to help his team win. Canty is a good athlete that is athletic. He can finish plays above the rim in transition or with a clear path five on five in the half court. He slashes to the basket with speed and quickness and he has a nice mid range pull up jumper to about 15 feet. He can score through contact and does a great job of drawing fouls with his ability to hang in the air. Canty competes for rebounds and is also a good shot blocker for a perimeter player. He will come to the rescue from the weak side and can also use his good timing on the ball. He ball handling needs to continue to be honed but this high energy stat sheet stuffer is the glue to his team and one to watch this summer season.

He is an athletic athlete apparently, so he's got that going for him.

Very few Quality wingmen in 2010, we got one in Canty....nice job Kelsey and Staff!!!

More on Canty. Hope we can still get Martin or Jones as well..

http://highmajorscoop.com/2009/08/canty-to-x/

Pulling in kids from all over the country. Awesome get, especially considering that he hails from deep in ACC country. I love what this recruiting staff is doing.

This would almost certainly shuts the door on Weatherspoon.

ESPN does not list any major programs offering on this one. I hope there is more to this kid than most of the experts are seeing. We did manage to pull an underated David West out of Carolina and that worked out ok.