Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Jay Canty (COMMIT XAVIER)

I haven't seen anything on here regarding Jay Canty and I honestly don't know much about him. I was on campus today and saw him in Cintas watching one of the camps. Apparently it was an unofficial visit.

http://depreps.rivals.com/viewprospe...2&pr_key=68228

Canty received a Xavier offer during his visit.

He was previously committed to High Point (uh oh, 87), but left after the coaching change. He's since exploded on the national scene, and is currently ranked #118 in the Rivals 150.

We're just lucky Dayton didn't win that recruiting battle with High Point, he might have stayed committed.

Canty looked awesome today with the absence of his best teammate Reggie Bullock (UNC commit). He actually looked to score a lot more and did so successfully. He made two long three's and had some other mid range jumpers to mix it up with his usual aggressive drives. He also had two sweet tip dunks and on the one he literally had his bicep at rim level when he caught the ball... Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    Canty looked awesome today with the absence of his best teammate Reggie Bullock (UNC commit). He actually looked to score a lot more and did so successfully. He made two long three's and had some other mid range jumpers to mix it up with his usual aggressive drives. He also had two sweet tip dunks and on the one he literally had his bicep at rim level when he caught the ball... Unreal.
    Nice! Thanks for the report. From what I've read, the only part of Canty's game that needs work is his jumper and it sounds like he is improving that area.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Nice! Thanks for the report. From what I've read, the only part of Canty's game that needs work is his jumper and it sounds like he is improving that area.
    I don't know much about this recruit at all. Evidently the coaches love him defensively. I need to research
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 07-06-2009 at 11:05 PM.
    Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    Oh wow. So he has weatherspoon like hops? I had no idea
    Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Oh wow. So he has weatherspoon like hops? I had no idea
    I hate to compare anyone to Weatherspoon when saying jumping because he is on another level, but I'd say he's just a tick below.

Jay Canty commits to Xavier

Just saw the story pop up on Brian Snow's page.

http://xavier.rivals.com/default.asp

Yet another great pick-up for Mack and Company. Doesn't sound like the talent is going to drop off from the Miller to Mack era.

Canty is ranked #124 in rivals 150, but could rise.
    Last edited by kyxu; 08-09-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Hell Yea!!!