Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah, Purnell is as good of a "builder" as you will find. He will never be a destination guy, but he gets you from point A to point B in pretty short order. In 3 years the Big East may actually be able to have the "Are you telling me (Insert any mediocre BE team here) wouldn't win the A10?" attitude. Purnell will do well at DePaul, and Lavin will have St Johns back in the dance. The recruits Lavin is already bringing in are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamtheFlyer View Post
    In 3 years the Big East may actually be able to have the "Are you telling me (Insert any mediocre BE team here) wouldn't win the A10?" attitude.
    Maybe if Xavier leaves the conference.

Shane Larkin has decommited from DePaul. Snow and Goodman think he will end up at Miami (FL)

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Shane Larkin has decommited from DePaul. Snow and Goodman think he will end up at Miami (FL)
    Good for him. I can't root against a Larkin and it would've been a shame if he ended up playing for "Chicago's Big East Team."

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Good for him. I can't root against a Larkin and it would've been a shame if he ended up playing for "Chicago's Big East Team."
    He left because of an undisclosed medical condition that forces him to be closer to home. So not really good for him.http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,7418311.story

Earlier this summer he was said to really be enjoying Depaul and Chicago.http://www.suntimes.com/sports/60733...e-a-demon.html
    Last edited by Mrs. Garrett; 08-04-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Jesus I hope he is okay.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Looks like Shane Larkin picked the wrong week to head to Miami.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...oach-larranaga

This is something I heard from someone pretty close to the DePaul program. I've played hoops down at the Ray Meyer Center on a regular basis for a while now.

Per sources, two things may have pushed Larkin out (outside of the illness). The first is that he didn't fit in. Many around DePaul found him as a "pretty boy" and somewhat of a snob. He didn't hang out with the team at all, and was pretty distant. Someone that works at a building around DePaul told me "he never was with the other guys. They all seem to hang together, always joking around, but not him." The second reason was talent. Yes, Larkin is a VERY talented point guard, however Brandon Young is even more talented. Per reports, Brandon was killing him in scrimmages and practices, and would let Shane know. Shane is too small and can only play two positions, however point is taken, and the 2-guard is said to be McKinney's to lose. So Larkin would have to come off the bench, which is a knock considering he was telling many he was the "player that would turn DePaul around".

He just committed to Miami, where he has ties to the coaching staff. However, by plane DePaul is as close as Miami is from Orlando by car. If Larkin was going to head to UCF, that would have made sense, but this move somewhat shows that he just wanted out. Will he sit out next season? If not, I would really be curious the reason why he would be allowed to play.

Another issue is DePaul has signed another point guard for 2013 class. Billy Garrett Jr. is currently in the top 50 and rising and also the son of one of DePaul's assistant coaches.

Last, DePaul didn't fight it because they didn't want the negative press involved because he is the son of a man who works for ESPN. It was a lose - lose especially when there already is a negative vibe around a program that has only won 2 conference games in 3 years.

Like I said - This is just one person's insight, but they are pretty close to the program and have given me some other tips that turned out to be solid.
    Last edited by Mrs. Garrett; 08-18-2011 at 09:23 AM.

I hear FAU and FIU are lovely.

If I recall, Steven Larkin, the youngest brother in Byron's family, had some cardio-related issues which interfered w/his athletic career. Hope Shane's problems are subject to quick resolution. Would not be shocked if Archie Miller was on his trail.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    If I recall, Steven Larkin, the youngest brother in Byron's family, had some cardio-related issues which interfered w/his athletic career. Hope Shane's problems are subject to quick resolution. Would not be shocked if Archie Miller was on his trail.
    Since he lives in Orlando, don't see this as being "closer to home" than Chicago.