Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shane Larkin - PG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position: Point Guard
    High School: Dr. Phillips, Orlando, FL
    Class: 2011 (High School)

5'11 150

Interest:
    Marquette, Miami, Texas A&M, UCF
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Also son of Barry Larkin

2008-09 Statistics (Sophomore)
    13.0 ppg 6.0 apg 3.4 rpg 3.1 spg 40% from three

Started on JV as a freshman.....was the JV most valuable player despite missing the early part of the season due to injury.....one of the best perimeter shooters on the team.......very skilled in the open court.....a very good passer in transition as well as in the half court......very quick with great food speed.......started all summer long on the varsity team......one of the best young players in the Panther program.....was promoted to the varsity at the conclusion of the JV season last year as a freshman and played and scored in several games.....will continue the Panther tradition of great guards to come through the program - Chuck Ford (college to be determined), Chris Warren (Ole Miss), Ray Willis (Oklahoma), Trey Hopkins (Western Carolina), and Mario Sisinni (Coastal Carolina)........his father Barry Larkin was a 12 time Major League Baseball All-Star shortstop with the Cincinnati Reds.

Coach Long's comments on Shane Larkin......"Shane has the potential to be one of the best guards ever to play at Dr. Phillips and that's a pretty big statement. His skill set is beyond his age. Had it not been for an injury that kept him out of action until January, Shane would have played on the varsity last year as a freshman which is a testament to his abilities. I believe Shane will be the next high level guard to come through DP. He will be a big contributor on the varsity this season and I eagerly await the chance to coach him the next three years."

Talking

Wonder what the injury was?????:D

The only bad thing about this is that fans would have sky high expectations...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Not at all. He's not Byron's son thus, I would never expect him equal Byron's accomplishments.

I would only expect him to be as good a basketball player as Barry was a baseball player. I don't think that's asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Not at all. He's not Byron's son thus, I would never expect him equal Byron's accomplishments.

I would only expect him to be as good a basketball player as Barry was a baseball player. I don't think that's asking too much.
    Hall of Famer?

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post

I think those expectations are resonable
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    As long as he becomes Xavier's new all-time leading scorer, I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    As long as he becomes Xavier's new all-time leading scorer, I don't think anyone would be disappointed.
    Well, as long as he sets the assists record too. Otherwise he's just one-trick pony.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The only question is how high Redford sets the mark when Shane arrives.