Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran

Is American X's avatar green in support of the revolution?

For decades we've heard that the Iranian people hate their religious fascist government. I was skeptical of such claims. But not anymore.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 06-15-2009 at 11:36 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

"Our hearts go out to the people of Iran."

I say F^ck Iran. Guess you don't remember the Hostage crisis or the fact they brought in all those IED's into Iraq to blow up out troops. There were 4 million people killed in the Iran/Iraq War....that was a good time for the rest of the world.

Last one out, bring the nukes, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post

I say F^ck Iran. Guess you don't remember the Hostage crisis or the fact they brought in all those IED's into Iraq to blow up out troops. There were 4 million people killed in the Iran/Iraq War....that was a good time for the rest of the world.

Screw those protesters who are trying to take down the regime that orchestrated the hostage crisis.

Yeah, sure, screw them.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

I guess you don't realize that 50% of Iranian people are under the age of 30. You blame the babies of the country for the sins of the fathers? Hey remember World War Two? Let's nuke Germany now, because they had terrible events happen in their fairly recent past. As for the IEDs, you blame the populace for what the government does? Really? It's a regime. They do what they want.

What a terrible, nonsensical response bobbie.

I HATE dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    XavierHoops officially supports the Iranian people in their quest for free and fair elections that represents the will of the people. We respect their will and their voice and their courage in the face of the dangers they now face. Our hearts go out to the people of Iran.

American X personally hates those fascist motherfuckers and hopes they get collectively rounded up and tossed into the Persian Gulf. In the meantime, his heart aches for those desparately brave souls and will pray they somehow peaceably find their way to freedom.
    Fascist no doubt.

Christopher Hitchens had this to say about people calling the elections in the first place. The Mullahs selected four people that were eligble to run.

A cynic would note that we usually have just two choices. That being Mr. Moore, and Mr Moor Aufdesyame (sounds German). But while we have pathetic choices for President, at least they are our pathetic choices for President. Now Mullah gave us idiots, we bravely choose to self select our own band of idiots.

I am willing to fight for the right to self select the idiots that we put into office. I don't recommend even voting in general, unless you want to be lied to and bitter. But I would fight someone if they took that away.

I am all for the Iranian people raising some hell. Good for them. I hope they take it all. Now is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    It's freaking incredible that the people are being so open with their anger. I would have expected to see everyone wearing masks to conceal their identities from the regime. I hope they win. It would be probably one of the most important events to ever occur in my lifetime if it happens.

I HATE dayton.

It would be a huge event. It would overshadow all recent events and events to come for some time. Iran is the biggest terrorist state in the world. If they fall, the real network falls.

Most people think that 9/11 happened without any state involvement. No evidence exists that can conclusively prove that a state was involved. Most terrorism is state sponsored. That is usually where the money and weapons come from. Those states don't like to have an official hand in the killing. They want deniablity. That is why they fund terrorists instead of attacking with an army. It has huge advantages.

Think about Bin Laden. Could someone prove he was behind 9/11 in a court of law? Then why be surprised we can't prove state sponsorship in 9/11? I am pretty sure Bin Laden was in on it. Do we have documented evidence that would stand up in court? Many of those tapes are fake and would be thown out.

My favorite conspiracy theory is that Bin Laden has been dead for years. I would bet my life on it. And yeah, he "just released" another tape this month. The media gobbles that up hook line and sinker.

Iran falling would be a huge event.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Is American X's avatar green in support of the revolution?

For decades we've heard that the Iranian people hate their religious fascist government. I was skeptical of such claims. But not anymore.
    Tension has been building in Iran for quite awhile. This is the most serious public outcry in 30 years. They haven't seen shyt like this since the 1979 Revolution. The situation is quickly approaching a tipping point. If the protests keep gaining steam, the government could fall. 70% if the people of Iran are under 30. They were not alive or cannot remember the Revolution. And in a way those people like us, and the like us a hell of a lot more than the old and senile mullahs.

Don't confuse all Iranians with the extremists that took a hold of power and never let go.
    I think their current President was one of the origninal hostage takers. They don't let anyone run for office. It isn't close to being a democracy. The lunatics are running the asylum.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Snipe, I think you and I would both rejoice in the downfall of the Iranian government. It would be monumentous.

Thing is, and I say this openly hoping the Iranian government falls, I wonder how destabilizing it would be for the region. I know, this is what we want, but we had an enemy to point to, as we did during the cold war. I'm just being worrisome as to how it would affect the "balance" in other countries in the region. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction kind of thing. Just thinking out loud.

Cats and dogs, living together....

I HATE dayton.

Hope they have a civil war with no one left standing.

Hope they have a civil war with no one left standing.
    Once again, you show how little you know about the region and the people.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I HATE dayton.

Iran so far away.
    "UC #1 in the country and #2 in their own city!" ~Andy Mac

Iran this morning. Just two miles.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015