Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huggins

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Never gets old:

The DUI cannot be refuted. The police report said Huggins was slurring his words and that there was vomit on the inside of the driver's door. Police video shows a wobbly Huggins failing the sobriety test. When asked to recite the alphabet, Huggins says "E, F, G, H, I, K, L, N, Z."
    I heard he skipped the letter X for some reason.

I know you guys hate Huggins, and you most certainly have all the reasons in the world, but let me tell you why I like Huggins (from the WV aspect of it)

-Even though he's a fat drunken asshole most of time, he does a lot of charity events around the state, and is genuinely nice. He comes to visit the country club bar in my town once in the winter and once in the summer for two of his major charity events, and instead of renting out the whole place like most people would do, he stays in and interacts with any fans or anything. My friend waited on him once, and he left a $300 tip, so he has some moments of niceness.

-I like that he embraces West Virginia, being a player at WVU, and just really knowing what it means to be from the state. We don't have any professional teams, WVU basketball and football are life down here (well unless you're a Marshall fan, but that's another story). He's someone I like having the head coach of our team, because it doesn't feel like he's using it for anything more than wanting to be at WVU, no leverage, or as a stepping stone or anything.

-He's hard on his players, but he does care. One of my damn good friends Chase Connor played at WVU for Huggins and he said that he would make sure everyone is in class. If you skipped class, you're on the treadmill til you puke. Is that the best method? Probably not, but at least he's making sure his guys aren't skipping around and screwing off. I know at Cincinnati with all the arrests and things that happened with his players, but I think he's really gotten past that type of stuff. I can't really remember the last time a WVU player was in the headlines for something stupid like that.

So generally yeah, Huggins is definitely a dick, and I can 100% see why other people don't like him. He just has his moments of being completely unlikeable, and especially with all the things that have gone down in the past with him. However, I think we always need to remember there's two sides to the coin, and I just wanted to point out that he's not completely evil.