Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by xu15 View Post
    We need to get one of these guys we're after, and soon. The suspense is killin me Smalls.
    haha, Squints and wendy peffercorn are apparently big Xavier fans.
    Live Action

Noel wishes he were this man

I have to admit, I'm probably hoping this kid picks X more than I am any other recruit. Perhaps it's the fact that he can help next season. Maybe it's because he would give us a shooter with length. Or it could be the versatility he could bring to Victory Parkway. Whatever it is, I would love to see this kid join the Xavier family.

Walk-On
    I realize following recruiting is interesting and can be fun, however the following players are not going to sign with Xavier. Don't shoot the messenger, I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful.

JD Weatherspoon
    Doron Lamb
    Will Barton
    Adrien Payne
    Justin Martin
    Jamil Jones
    Jalen Kendrick
    Jason Morris

Transfer- Noel Johnson.

Jordan Latham is a possibility.

The 2009 class is pretty much complete. There could be one juco coming in but it is not for sure. He is a big man.

I was given this information tonight as far as what is realistic next year and what could still come in for 2009.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    I realize following recruiting is interesting and can be fun, however the following players are not going to sign with Xavier. Don't shoot the messenger, I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful.

JD Weatherspoon
    Doron Lamb
    Will Barton
    Adrien Payne
    Justin Martin
    Jamil Jones
    Jalen Kendrick
    Jason Morris

Transfer- Noel Johnson.

The 2009 class is pretty much complete. There could be one juco coming in but it is not for sure. He is a big man.

I was given this information tonight as far as what is realistic next year and what could still come in for 2009.
    Yep, take this as gospel...

Barton already committed to Memphis, Lamb was a Book guy, Payne was always a reach, but Spoon and Latham are real possibilities, to go along with a transfer. As for Johnson, who knows? He literally just reopened his recruiting process what, a week ago?

Also, believe it or not, you lose some credibility when you classify Johnson as a transfer (he's not) and misspell Adreian Payne's name.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 06-06-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Barton already committed to Memphis,
    Why the @%$& would a 5-star recruit commit to Memphis now? Perhaps they offered some great "incentives." I get the feeling that Calipari wasn't the only dirty thing about that program.

Xman you sound bitter. Mack and staff will soon begin landing players for the 2010 class. It's obvious Will wanted to go to a school his brother Antonio could also go to. Best of luck to the Barton's at UM. Many thought Will was a Calipari/UK lock a couple weeks ago. I was hoping we would have heard something in regards to Jake O'Brien by now. Hopefully some good news to be had today on that front. Concerning Weatherspoon and Latham indications are the Musketeers are still at the top of their list. The best fit for 'Spoon would be X over tOSU and Maryland. He is a combo forward and would have a better chance of stepping in and playing for XU right away than those other schools. The academic environment and support is much better on Victory Parkway than anything you will find in Columbus and College Park also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Muskie View Post
    Xman you sound bitter.
    Not really bitter, just baffled. I just don't understand how a 5-star prospect, who can go just about anywhere, decides to go to a school that could wind up getting hit with penalties. Why not at least wait a little longer to see what happens? Of course, with no LOI signed at this point, I guess he could still walk away at any point. So, if the NCAA does drop some punishment on them, Barton would still be free to go somewhere else. Still seems a little odd though. (Even if he wanted to go somewhere with his brother...I'm sure there were other schools willing to take both. From what I've read it seems Antonio is pretty damn good too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Not really bitter, just baffled. I just don't understand how a 5-star prospect, who can go just about anywhere, decides to go to a school that could wind up getting hit with penalties. Why not at least wait a little longer to see what happens? Of course, with no LOI signed at this point, I guess he could still walk away at any point. So, if the NCAA does drop some punishment on them, Barton would still be free to go somewhere else. Still seems a little odd though. (Even if he wanted to go somewhere with his brother...I'm sure there were other schools willing to take both. From what I've read it seems Antonio is pretty damn good too.)
    I think what it came down to was Memphis offered his brother and UK didn't.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post

JD Weatherspoon
    Doron Lamb
    Will Barton
    Adrien Payne
    Justin Martin
    Jamil Jones
    Jalen Kendrick
    Jason Morris

Transfer- Noel Johnson.

Why would you say that Weatherspoon is not a possibility? I heard he was.