Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post
    Any reason given about his backing out of his signing with USC?
    I would guess - and this is only a guess - that it's because USC is a sinking ship that will probably have quite a few sanctions heading its way in the near future. That program seems to be about as dirty as they come right now.

Sophomore
    I got this from the rivals UNLV message board.

June 4, 2009
    Johnson on visit trail

Jerry Meyer
    Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Former USC signee Noel Johnson spent some time on the Charlotte campus earlier this week, and now the 6-foot-7, 180-pound wing from Fayetteville (Ga.) High School is headed west for an official visit.

UNLV is the destination, and although Johnson isn't naming any leaders, there is a sense that the Rebels are in a strong position to land Johnson. Lon Krueger's experience in the NBA is a strong draw. Johnson's dad Cheese Johnson also values a fast style of play for his son.

"We need some speed in the system," said the elder Johnson. "Academics and a fast style of play are really important."

If a decision isn't reached right after the UNLV visit, LSU and Xavier are candidates for official visits, and unofficial visits could be taken to nearby Georgia and Georgia Tech.

Noel had these thoughts on what he is looking for during this second go around.

"I want a situation similar to USC where they are building a tradition in basketball but are also a good academic school," said the younger Johnson. "I also want to play the two guard and maybe some point and the three as well. I want to be versatile."

As for a timetable for his decision, Johnson had this comment.

"I'm going to take my time, maybe in three weeks," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post

"said the elder Johnson. "Academics and a fast style of play are really important."
    Yes. And UNLV is a veritable MIT.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Yes. And UNLV is a veritable MIT.
    I've heard Charlotte is in the lead for him.

Unconfirmed rumor naturally.

Of course looking at it from positive point of view, he didn't commit before leaving.

This would be a huge first recruit for the Mack era
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 06-04-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    I've heard Charlotte is in the lead for him.

Unconfirmed rumor naturally.

Of course looking at it from positive point of view, he didn't commit before leaving.

This would be a huge first recruit for the Mack era
    If he leaves UNLV without committing, then we can start to get hopeful/excited, IMO.

We need to hear something soon!!! Johnson, O'Brien, Latham, Weatherspoon.....somebody step up and commit!

Quote Originally Posted by Frambo View Post
    We need to hear something soon!!! Johnson, O'Brien, Latham, Weatherspoon.....somebody step up and commit!
    I'm not kidding, I think we should have an adult beverage Xavier Hoops gathering once Mack signs the first of many "sweet" recruits. I have so much anticipation.
    I second your request Frambo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I'm not kidding, I think we should have an adult beverage Xavier Hoops gathering once Mack signs the first of many "sweet" recruits. I have so much anticipation.
    I second your request Frambo!!!
    I'm planning on having a few at the Badin Steak Fry...hopefully toasting a lot of good news!

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    If he leaves UNLV without committing, then we can start to get hopeful/excited, IMO.
    Good point. I definitely agree. You never know what kind of red carpet they will roll out for this kid in Vegas haha.
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Good point. I definitely agree. You never know what kind of red carpet they will roll out for this kid in Vegas haha.
    We need to get one of these guys we're after, and soon. The suspense is killin me Smalls.