Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Martin was going to take his time, so I doubt it.
    I woudl speculate he makes his decision before the school year starts. Something I found interesting was I did not see him listed as a Junior All-Star in Indiana when the Seniors and Juniors played the other night. I know the class of 2010 in Indiana is loaded, but you think a top 75 forward would make the team.

Can anyone in Nap-Town shed some light?
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    Titanxman04, pretty sure MuskieCinci made it clear this was his speculation.
    Always some school figure handing it to me on my reading comprehension. Smart ass. :D
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Always some school figure handing it to me on my reading comprehension. Smart ass. :D
    Just making up for all of my past failures and insecurities by anonymously posting on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by principal View Post
    Just making up for all of my past failures and insecurities by anonymously posting on a message board.
    Hey, who doesn't? Can't blame you for that.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    I realize following recruiting is interesting and can be fun, however the following players are not going to sign with Xavier. Don't shoot the messenger, I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful.

JD Weatherspoon
    Doron Lamb
    Will Barton
    Adrien Payne
    Justin Martin
    Jamil Jones
    Jalen Kendrick
    Jason Morris

Transfer- Noel Johnson.

Jordan Latham is a possibility.

The 2009 class is pretty much complete. There could be one juco coming in but it is not for sure. He is a big man.

I was given this information tonight as far as what is realistic next year and what could still come in for 2009.
    So far it looks like I received good information. Weatherspoon could be a possibility again and the fact that OSU is wanting a decision very soon, is a good thing for XU. Hopefully I was wrong about him, the feeling was not positive when I posted this and things have changed with him. The rest is accurate unless something crazy happens.

???, you've had 7 posts and you post under a moniker as 3 question marks. Unless you're Brian Snow or a member of the team (or coaching staff), you've got absolutely zero credibility here. I always find it interesting that some new poster, posting under a questionable name, always seems to claim to have "inside information". You're patting yourself on the back so much I was starting to wonder if it was hurting yet.

So far it looks like I received good information. Weatherspoon could be a possibility again and the fact that OSU is wanting a decision very soon, is a good thing for XU. Hopefully I was wrong about him, the feeling was not positive when I posted this and things have changed with him. The rest is accurate unless something crazy happens.

The only things you got right were the two most obvious ones that nearly everyone expected.

I'm surprised you didn't brag when Barton verballed to Memphis, oh wait, you posted that list after he did.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    The only things you got right were the two most obvious ones that nearly everyone expected.

I'm surprised you didn't brag when Barton verballed to Memphis, oh wait, you posted that list after he did.
    My list was posted before Barton committed to Memphis. Noel Johnson not coming did not seem that obvious to anyone on here, he didn't even visit. I just posted a list of things regarding recruits that the XU fans might want to know about. I will not do it again.

There is nothing to post now anyway. I already did it and it is good information. There were 3 names on the list that were considering XU at one time. Latham, Johnson and Weatherspoon. I posted what I was told regarding all of the names that XU fans seem to have been talking about recently.

I really was not trying to piss anyone off.

My list was posted before Barton committed to Memphis. Noel Johnson not coming did not seem that obvious to anyone on here, he didn't even visit. I just posted a list of things regarding recruits that the XU fans might want to know about. I will not do it again.

There is nothing to post now anyway. I already did it and it is good information. There were 3 names on the list that were considering XU at one time. Latham, Johnson and Weatherspoon. I posted what I was told regarding all of the names that XU fans seem to have been talking about recently.

Got any info on why the Johnson visit got called off?

Any realistic, intelligent, or in the know fan (such as yourself) knew that Johnson wasn't too much of a possibility. Lamb and all the NY guys were connected to Book. Again, any somewhat intelligent fan knew that wasn't going to happen.

To say there is not a shot at any of the GA recruits is pretty stupid, IMO. If your "inside source" knows that we won't get them, why is the staff still working hard to get them, seemingly?

All I'm saying is it doesn't take someone with a great source to come on here and say that Latham was a decent chance to recommit, Johnson wasn't going to come to X, and that Spoon is down to OSU and X.