Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieCinci View Post
    I guess he just didn't quite fit into what Xavier was looking for. I think he was looking to be more of a backcourt player and Xavier doesn't need any of those right now. They were probably convinced that he wasn't going to develop into a more post oriented small forward like CJ and this team doesn't really need another backcourt player. Maybe they thought someone on the current team might transfer or something if they brought Noel in to compete for playing time at the 2 and 3 positions. I don't think it is really an academics or he has a bad attitude or anything. I just think he and his dad have a plan to get to the NBA and they think it will be with him as more of a big shooting guard and that isn't what Xavier is looking for.
    Not to argue, but I don't think that's it. All of that stuff could have been figured out well before setting up a visit. Kelsey was apparently familiar with him from when he was recruiting at Wake. I'm sure everyone was aware that this kid saw himself as more of a perimeter player. Heck, I watched a few minutes of YouTube and could tell you he really didn't seem like someone who wanted to play in the post.

It seems to me that there was something not related to this kid's game that X found out about over the last couple days. No idea what that is, but it was apparently enough for them to back off. Of course, I could be wrong.

I guess he just didn't quite fit into what Xavier was looking for. I think he was looking to be more of a backcourt player and Xavier doesn't need any of those right now. They were probably convinced that he wasn't going to develop into a more post oriented small forward like CJ and this team doesn't really need another backcourt player. Maybe they thought someone on the current team might transfer or something if they brought Noel in to compete for playing time at the 2 and 3 positions. I don't think it is really an academics or he has a bad attitude or anything. I just think he and his dad have a plan to get to the NBA and they think it will be with him as more of a big shooting guard and that isn't what Xavier is looking for.
    Is that actual information or simply pondering? And if that were the case, why wouldn't X still want him to visit. Maybe work him into the team mentality or something? I think there's something else, but I am curious if what you say is factual or not (Not calling you a liar, just wondering if it's truth or speculation, ya know?).
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I dont know why it was cancelled, but i'm sure it has to be a good reason to let an extremely talented recruit like that just walk away. knowing it was a long shot to begin with i'm not disappointed. just shocked we didn't even try. but then again, i trust mack made the right decision.

Lets hope things do not go as far downhill with Martin and some others
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    MOR, you REALLY want 'spoon at X, don't you?
    Why wouldn't he? Spoon is a beast. He has some real potential.

That is just a guess by me. He is a perimeter player it seems like and we are pretty crowded there. Maybe some guys on the team felt like they were being recruited over and would have transferred or something and Mack and the coaches wanted to keep stability. I'm just throwing out some guesses since no one knows what really went down.

Noel who? We got Latham!!!!!!!!

Is J-Mart near a decision? Perhaps that is why the staff backed away from Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Muskie View Post
    Is J-Mart near a decision? Perhaps that is why the staff backed away from Johnson.
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Martin was going to take his time, so I doubt it.

Titanxman04, pretty sure MuskieCinci made it clear this was his speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Martin was going to take his time, so I doubt it.
    I am not so sure he is going to take all that much time making a decision.