Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Noel Johnson?

How huge of a pickup would that be? I guess Kelsey is making last ditch efforts to bring him on. This kid could help immediately.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...=53707&Sport=2

Cmon Pat, close the deal!

Sophomore
    Talent is talent, but I'd be happier if our coaching staff could score some PF help this summer, which looks unlikely.

you gotta be kiddin, our biggest gap is SF. X has no one over 6'5" that can shoot outside of 5 ft. with any consistency. This kid would get immediate PT if he is as good as advertised.

Do we have any more information on this kid? Startin to get me excited.

Sophomore
    I think most of us see DJ as the starter at SF, and I think Crawford could even spend some time there. If Mack's willing to tinker with a 4-guard offense, he could certainly go with a 3-guard offense.

If McLean is unavailable for any reason, we are screwed at PF. Absolutely screwed.

Without a doubt, Johnson would be a huge pickup. However, I'd be surprised if we landed him. Have faith in Kelsey, but it might be next to impossible to lure him this away from UNLV etc.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 06-04-2009 at 10:39 AM.

This would be a great get for the new staff. Here's video from YouTube:

Noel Johnson video

Obviously he has size at 6'7" and that's something we need. But he can shoot it - it looks effortless too - and his all-around game seems very, very good. Apparently he can even handle the rock, something that's not true of all guys with his height. (Yes, I realize you can't take too much from a highlight video, but watch it and you'll see what I'm getting at, especially the shooting part.)

I would love to see this kid suiting up for X next season.

FYI - Godfather of Noel Johnson: XAVIER MCDANIEL (really, could it be a better fit?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Without a doubt, Johnson would be a huge pickup. However, I'd be surprised if we landed him. Have faith in Kelsey, but it might be next to impossible to lure him this away from UNLV etc.
    I'd say Johnson is a long shot, but no reason to give up on him. The fact that the staff is involved with someone like this is a good sign.

Any reason given about his backing out of his signing with USC?
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post
    Any reason given about his backing out of his signing with USC?
    Tim Floyd is out or at least on the way out at USC amid the Mayo fiasco and everything else, correct?