Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Noel Johnson?

Looking at his list, I would feel comfortable saying none of them, besides the possibility of Weatherspoon, are coming to X. Just a general feeling with no inside sources.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Got any info on why the Johnson visit got called off?
    No, I don't. I know(as many people do) that Kelsey was the reason he was going to visit. Not sure if the staff decided against it or Johnson's party. I do know that this past Tuesday I was told that Johnson and Lamont Jones were considering visiting Arizona, and that it came out of nowhere. Not sure if it happened or if it was made public. Apparently it was originally thought that USC would not release these guys to a Pac-10 school, but given the circumstances, they might have no choice.

WTF?

Is every single recruit that has an interest in Xavier, or vice versa, all of a sudden becomes a target for Arizona?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Nah; Sean would never ever go after our recruits. He said so when he bolted, and I believe everything he says.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

There is an article on Rivals about Johnson. Apparently, now he's going to visit Clemson in the next couple of days and then LSU. After that, he will decide between UNLV, Clemson, LSU, and Florida International.

Here is one sentence from the article that probably explains why Xavier decided to cancel the visit.

The 6-foot-7, 200-pounder said he's being recruited to mostly play the two by his remaining contenders, but could play some three or one, too.

Looks like he wants to play in the backcourt, and obviously we need help in the frontcourt at the 3/4 positions. He probably didn't like that idea and neither did Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There is an article on Rivals about Johnson. Apparently, now he's going to visit Clemson in the next couple of days and then LSU. After that, he will decide between UNLV, Clemson, LSU, and Florida International.

Here is one sentence from the article that probably explains why Xavier decided to cancel the visit.

The 6-foot-7, 200-pounder said he's being recruited to mostly play the two by his remaining contenders, but could play some three or one, too.

Looks like he wants to play in the backcourt, and obviously we need help in the frontcourt at the 3/4 positions. He probably didn't like that idea and neither did Xavier.
    Yeah, and by XU canceling the visit before it even started, I'm also led to believe that Noel and Cheese were pretty particular in what they wanted, with this position business being just one of those demands. Seemingly doesn't fit with the Xavier philosophy.

ChrisFarley
    Johnson's down to 2...XU can go after someone else...would've been nice to have him for depth..

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...n-to-final-two

He must only like Tiger mascots.
    IN BOBO WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFarley View Post
    Johnson's down to 2...XU can go after someone else...would've been nice to have him for depth..

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200...n-to-final-two
    What??? You mean....Charlotte didn't make the cut???