Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Both coaches have cleared the benches. McKenzie had 9 points but 7 were in garbage time late inthe 4th quarter. Henninger played with a lot more energy and passion and had 21 points 12 rebounds.

Final score: Massillon Jackson 57 / Moeller 34.

Not impressed.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

He could be redshirted next season to bulk him up a bit, wouldn't shock me. I'm sure he's better than what it sounds like he looked like tonight.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

Some people need to get ahold of themselves, or maybe get away from the computer for a day or a year. Searsly.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Some people need to get ahold of themselves, or maybe get away from the computer for a day or a year. Searsly.

Agreed... Embarassing.

You should go back and read some of the earlier posts on this thread. Everyone was in love with this kid. There were almost 200 people on Xavierhoops waiting for news from his presser.

My how things can change.

Some people need to get ahold of themselves.
    I'm guessing that I am one of the people you are directing that statement too because I somewhat negatively replied about Griff. Let me say that I fully believe in Mack and his staff's recruiting abilites. The main point I was making was, after tonight, which was the first time I have ever seen Griff play, I wasn't jumping for joy. That doesn't mean that he won't become a solid player or maybe more, it just means that I feel he needs to work on some things. I know that if Mack and staff recruited him, then he must be pretty darn good.
    "And I’m going to get Xavier to the Final Four. Make sure you write that down.”
    Jalen Reynolds

Why, wags?

Because some of us weren't impressed with the performance in a big game from a heralded kid? Look, some people have been pumping him up as a second coming of Justin Doellman. This was a big stage and he and his team didn't handle it very well- and he would probably be the first to admit it.

You want me to just blindly lie and say that he played great? He didn't and the Henninger kid did what I hoped to see from Griffin. 21 points, 12 rebounds.

As I said eariler. Maybe it was due to Kremer's "structured offense" which looked more like overly controlled robot basketball rather than a free-flowing game. Maybe Griffin was held back by that style and maybe when he gets to XU he'll fit better into CMack's style. We'll see. I just never like it, though, when I see 6:9 kids fading out to the 3 point line rather than going strong inside. I don't want to see what Aaric Murray from LaSuck was allowed to do this year- stand out and jack 3's all day. We've got plenty of guys who can knock down the 3 already. We need strong inside front line guys.

Hey. Griffin's a Xavier recruit and I hoping for the best, but last night, once again, was not impressive. That is reality.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

While I have not seen Griff play, my question is this.....Why did Griff excel soo much in AAU ball and was soo stagnant in his overall HS ball??

His AAU team played against tougher players/teams.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    While I have not seen Griff play, my question is this.....Why did Griff excel soo much in AAU ball and was soo stagnant in his overall HS ball??

His AAU team played against tougher players/teams.
    The GCL makes the Big Tenn look like Don Nelson ball.

We also have to remember that not all recruits are brought in with the thought that they're going to be 35-min. per game players. Some guys are brought in because they'll be great pieces in practice and, if put into action, would be able to give a handful of decent minutes. I think Andrew Taylor is a good example of this.

I have only seen clips of McKenzie, so I'm not saying this is the case with him. But, if the reports on him are accurate (and not just due to style of play), then maybe it's part of the reason Mack & Co. wanted him. Plus, I could think of worse things than having a 6'9" kid with the ability to shoot from the outside.