Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    I actually do some freelance writing for some of the Rivals' sites. I wish I was helping BSnow and Musketeer Scoop but I am not and quite frankly Brian doesn't need it.

I write full time for the local high school sports, but I'm really interested in the recruiting side of things.

I've been out on the recruiting trail all spring so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of these kids. I hope noone sees it as trying to big time anyone or that I know it all. I'm just simply trying to pass on some of the information and thoughts that I've had while on the circuit.
    Good to have you around therick!

Always good to have some inside knowlegde on recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by therick44 View Post
    I actually do some freelance writing for some of the Rivals' sites. I wish I was helping BSnow and Musketeer Scoop but I am not and quite frankly Brian doesn't need it.

I write full time for the local high school sports, but I'm really interested in the recruiting side of things.

I've been out on the recruiting trail all spring so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of these kids. I hope noone sees it as trying to big time anyone or that I know it all. I'm just simply trying to pass on some of the information and thoughts that I've had while on the circuit.
    Anything for queencityhigh.com out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Anything for queencityhigh.com out of curiosity?
    Yeah I do write for QCH for the high school stuff.

rick44 thanks for the insights. I like the idea of a face up, skilled 4 on the floor for the Musketeers. Duncan, Doellman, Brown quickly come to mind as guys who could extend the court and create mismatch problems for other teams in XU's recent past. Judging by his recent offers and possibility of others yet forthcoming, Griffen would be a nice player to have for 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Muskie View Post
    rick44 thanks for the insights. I like the idea of a face up, skilled 4 on the floor for the Musketeers. Duncan, Doellman, Brown quickly come to mind as guys who could extend the court and create mismatch problems for other teams in XU's recent past. Judging by his recent offers and possibility of others yet forthcoming, Griffen would be a nice player to have for 2010.
    Definitely more Duncan and Doellman than Brown. He is not close to being that athletic, but he is sort of sneaky athletic. If he can continue to improve on his post moves and use the aggressiveness he showed during this week at the take 5ive then I think he could be pretty good in college.

In regards to DBrown, ect; the real point is having a '4' who can make three point shots. It appears Griffen has that ability. In terms of being able to run the floor and be a high riser like #5 that would be icing on the cake. Hopefully Griffen continues his strong play and development throughout the summer. I would like a 2010 class that would include Jordan Latham, Griffen, and Jamail Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy Muskie View Post
    In regards to DBrown, ect; the real point is having a '4' who can make three point shots. It appears Griffen has that ability. In terms of being able to run the floor and be a high riser like #5 that would be icing on the cake. Hopefully Griffen continues his strong play and development throughout the summer. I would like a 2010 class that would include Jordan Latham, Griffen, and Jamail Jones.
    Gotcha... Jamail Jones would be the biggest get out of those in my opinion. Of course he's the one I've seen the least of also... I'm hoping to get to see him some more in the very near future.

McKenzie got an offer from Providence on Friday.

McKenzie also received that Northwestern offer.

Has he mentioned what his time table might be to make a commitment? I'm sure with all of these new offers he'll want to take some visits so you thinking sometime right before his senior season starts?