Thread: Jucos?

Jucos?

Any signable Jucos out there that could help at PF? Anyone have a site dedicated to Juco players besides the "jucojunction rivals site (it blows)?

I think Famous so the only one worthwhile. JUCOs are so hit and miss, with mostly miss, I doubt we will look for someone, especially this late date.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

At the All For One luncheon yesterday, Chris mentioned he wanted to try to stay away from JUCO players.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sophomore
    I asked that question on MusketeerScoop.com, and Brian's answer was that there wasn't anyone out there to snap up at this late date. This was before Famous started looking at other schools, but I don't see X getting him, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DAllen15 View Post
    I asked that question on MusketeerScoop.com, and Brian's answer was that there wasn't anyone out there to snap up at this late date. This was before Famous started looking at other schools, but I don't see X getting him, anyway.
    Did I miss something? When did Famous officially begin to look around, I thought I had seen some quotes from someone in his family saying he was sticking with USF and that Heath was on his way up to visit him...

Sophomore
    From ZagsBlog of 5/26--

Jarrid Famous wants out of his Letter of Intent to South Florida, multiple sources said Tuesday.

“Jarrid Famous is trying to get out of his letter,” one source with direct knowledge said.

The 6-foot-11 Famous chose South Florida last month over Arizona, Missouri and Seton Hall and could end up at one of those places if he gets out. Arizona appears to be a likely destination.

Famous’ father, however, told the St. Petersburg Times that his son would attend South Florida.

“Jarrid is going to South Florida. He’s not switching schools,” the father said. “He’s going to South Florida, no doubt about it.”

Famous is reportedly upset because he hasn’t heard from USF head coach Stan Heath. He also wasn’t notified of the coaching changes at USF which saw the departure of Byron Samuels, who helped recruit Famous, and of Dan Hipsher, now at Alabama.

Famous was not immediately available for comment.

Westchester assistant Mickey Carey told the Tampa Tribune Famous is in the process of contacting USF athletic director Doug Woolard to get his release.

“There seems to be a rift among the [Westchester] coaches wanting him to go to Arizona,” Heath told the paper. “The dad assured me the kid is coming. I spoke briefly with Jarrid today, and I am supposed to talk to him again later today.”

“Jarrid’s mind is made up,” Carey told the Tampa Tribune. “Last week, he got really fed up. It got to the point … Heath says I’m going to come see him on this day and then he says he can’t make it. After a while that gets old. I think the situation at USF doesn’t look good.

“I was concerned when you have half your staff leave in a week. Now a month and a half later and there’s still uncertainty who will be on staff. Plus Heath only has two years left [on his contract].

“Since Jarrid signed, he hasn’t seen Coach Heath, Coach Heath hasn’t called him. He doesn’t know anything about the coaching staff. He didn’t feel comfortable with the situation anymore. It seems to be very unstable.”

If Famous doesn’t get a release - a la Jio Fontan at Fordham -he would have to sit a year and then resurface somewhere for the 2010-11 season.
    http://http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/...ts-out-at-usf/

Sophomore
    And from another blog on 5/29-

And therein lies the problem Stan Heath is facing at South Florida with Jarrid Famous.

See, Famous was recruited by two coaches who have subsequently been let go from the USF staff - and that took place a week before Famous signed his now inFamous LOI. (Though, I believe Famous Sr - Jerome Famous - had more to do with the signing than anything else, but I digress.) Heath has stated that he’s not going to let Famous out of his LOI, so Famous has to appeal to the AD.

If the AD denies Famous’ appeal and refuses to release him, Famous will go somewhere else anyway, sit out his year, and still have two years of eligibility. However, the recruiting backlash would be horrendous for a USF team that already sits at the bottom of the Big East. Coaches recruiting the same recruits as USF would easily be able to use that against the USF recruiters, saying “look what happened to Jarrid Famous - lied to by the USF staff, then wasn’t released from his LOI. What else could they be lying to you about? You could be stuck there.”

No, it’s very likely that the USF AD will be releasing Famous - assuming Famous doesn’t change his mind again (or have it changed for him - the elder Famous is still lurking around somewhere).

Most pundits around the country list Arizona as the most likely landing place for Famous if he leaves USF. Seton Hall has an outside chance, but Missouri is out of the running because of their glut at PF.
    http://http://www.dkcomm.net/wordpress/?p=429

Sophomore
    So, I go to check out your link, and what's on the blog front page??? Something tells me Sean's recruiting is going OK out in the desert.

Arizona is closing in on landing a couple of talented sophomores from the New York area.

Both Sidiki Johnson, a 6-8 sophomore from St. Raymond’s in the Bronx, and Angel Nunez, a 6-8 wing who could be headed to the Winchendon (Mass.) School, hold offers from Arizona and like the Pac-10 school very much.

“As of right now he loves the school,” said Bernard Bowen, Johnson’s mentor. “He loves the coaching staff. As of right now, Arizona is the top on his list.”

Johnson averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds last season at St. Ray’s, which reached the title game of the SNY Invitational before falling to Sherrod Wright and Mount Vernon.

Quote Originally Posted by DAllen15 View Post
    So, I go to check out your link, and what's on the blog front page??? Something tells me Sean's recruiting is going OK out in the desert.
    haha yeah, i wasnt gonna mention that and set someone off...