Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I fail to see your point. Back on topic: Dayton sucks so bad they can't even develop players from DeMatha. It's like growing up in a big house full of lots of toys and still not being able to make any friends. I hope they do pick them to win the A10. It's more fun reminding them who's who after they let their heads fill up a little.

Couldn't be said any better.

Wtf

If X is expected to be a top ten team, is Dayton going to be top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    If X is expected to be a top ten team, is Dayton going to be top 5?
    They are expected to be top5 in the A10.....maybe

Without Derrick Brown, there won't be anyone in the country that picks us in the top 10. Fair or not, that's just the way it will be. We've lost our top 3 scorers before, and we have been just fine - expect a similar preseason ranking as we've had the past 3-4 years -borderline top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by XU99deuce View Post
    Without Derrick Brown, there won't be anyone in the country that picks us in the top 10. Fair or not, that's just the way it will be. We've lost our top 3 scorers before, and we have been just fine - expect a similar preseason ranking as we've had the past 3-4 years -borderline top 25.
    I don't think anyone disagrees with this. Luckily though, Xavier is one of the teams that has benefited over the past few decades from the concept that it doesn't matter where teams start off in the rankings in November. FWIW, I think we start off around 20.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I've seen him play a few times and he definitely plays very hard. One of those players that really annoys you if you're rooting for the other team (stealing the ball from Duke-bound Gonzaga PG Tyler Thornton in the late seconds of the WCAC Finals which Dematha won by one, for example.) One thing I can say is that when you come out of DeMatha, you know how to play the game because you have been extremely well-coached.
    Well the other thing is not only does he play for a well run program in Dematha, but Team Takeover might be the most well run AAU program in the country as well.

ChrisFarley
    Quote Originally Posted by XU99deuce View Post
    Without Derrick, XU is out of the top 25. But, who cares, Feb-March-April is when you make hay....right now it's all fodder..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFarley View Post
    Without Derrick, XU is out of the top 25. But, who cares, Feb-March-April is when you make hay....right now it's all fodder..
    Why do you keep coming back?
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post

You don't enjoy Rico's postings?

At least he learned how to post proper links, sort of.

Rico, why did you change screen names over here? Why not stick with xavierrico?

ChrisFarley
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Coming back?

Our son and his friends use the Madness forum. My husband and I are big Xu fans. He's a orthopedic surgeon and I'm free lance photo-journalist for Nat Geographic