Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I believe we stopped recruiting him a long time ago.
    Yep, DC's right. We were heavily recruiting him, but then he didn't necessarily develop as Xavier had hoped, so they stopped probably over a year ago. He'll catch on somewhere though and probably do well.

Any word on this kid? I saw something that makes me think that Providence might wind up being the school, but it doesn't look like he has done anything official.

Would he still be worth an offer? I get the impression he has a Posey-type body and owns freakish athleticism. Still raw but can contribute on the defensive end. Could he be a guy to give a scholarship to and then use his freshman year to develop him so he can contribute at the PF spot as a sophomore?

Bumping to see if anyone has any info on why this kid has dropped off the map. He's still not signed.

Seems he's dropped off the map for everyone. Could be grades, attitude, etc.
    Balls of Steele!!

Baskin To Quinnipiac

Upon searching for news on Jake O'Brien I came across this tid bit. Baskin did indeed fall off the face of the Earth and then landed in Quinnipiac.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...IGTIME_RECRUIT

Very strange scenerio here. Baskin's play did not diminsh over the past year but somehow he narrowed his list down from Xavier, St. Johns, Auburn, V Tech, Providence to Binghamton, Manhattan, New Orleans and ultimately Quinnipiac. I can't find a reason why but my guess would be attitude, grades, etc.

Wow. That certainly is quite a drop off. That's gotta hurt.
    Eat Donuts!

Didn't Quinnipiacianiacacacac make the tournament about 4 or 5 years ago? (Could be more, could be less...but I think they actually got into the Dance.)

FYI - I looked but couldn't find anything on it.
    Last edited by Xman95; 06-03-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Didn't Quinnipiacianiacacacac make the tournament about 4 or 5 years ago? (Could be more, could be less...but I think they actually got into the Dance.)
    Sounds like a play in game school to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Sounds like a play in game school to me.
    True. But for some schools that's HUGE.

Sometimes I think we forget just how lucky we are to have such a great program at X (this isn't directed at you AvX, just a general statement). We're at a point where we pretty much take it for granted that we'll at least be in the tournament, if not going a few games deep. Not many can actually feel that way.

This kid was from town over from me. Absolutley incredible, played for a high school powerhouse dynasty that had Dave McClure from Duke and Craig Austrie from UConn. I heard attitude was a huge problem. Rumor has it that Providence coach came to visit him and left after pre game warm ups in disgust...Quinnipiac is very close to his hometown, so maybe he will transfer to a school like X after his freshman year of dominating his conference.

This case seems extremely similar as CJ's, as he dominated the MAAC at Manhattan, a very similarly competitive team as Quinnipiac.